“Great food, neat experience”

Ipanema Brazilian Steakhouse
Ranked #38 of 483 Restaurants in Ocala
Cuisines: Brazilian
Good for: Bar scene, Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: 17th and 441 (Pine Ave)
Description: Ipanema Brazilian Steak House is a Churrascaria in the finest sense of the word. Our twelve authentic cuts and presentations of meat are seasoned with salt and roasted rotisserie-style over mineral coals imported from Brazil, basted continuously by their own natural juices. Served by traditional roving Gauchos, they are complemented by an opulent salad and vegetable bar, delectable desserts and delicious wines, beer, and cocktails.
Howell, New Jersey
“Great food, neat experience”
Reviewed January 16, 2013

Went as a family to celebrate a hallmark 90th birthday occasion. Having never experienced this type of restaurant we didn't know quite what to expect. Service was amazing and the meats just kept on coming. Side bars were filled with so many choices and types of food we all found things we liked and some things we've never tried but have wanted to before. Everything was deliciously seasoned, including the pineapple finish. Wait staff was attentive and friendly.

• Visited January 2013

• Polish first
Central Florida
“It was "EH" at best.”
Reviewed January 12, 2013

You know, you would think the steak would be amazing since that is what they "pride" themselves in serving. It was "EH" at best. A lot of "meat lovers" think .... a steak buffet would be a dream. Let me just tell you ... it actually IS possible to eat so much steak, that you don't care if you EVER eat another piece of meat as long as you live. The salad bar was ok ... I think I spent more time eating stuff off of it, than I did the actual meat. I will say the grilled cinnamon pineapple was the best part about the "steak buffet" ... The quality of meat wasn't the best and I will add - most DEFINITELY not worth the price. We were super disappointed and had we not had our Groupon (which made it half price) we would have never went ... and had we went and spent full price on the buffet, I would have asked for a manager. Once was enough and we will not be returning.

• Visited August 2012
Ocala, Florida
“We love the salad bar and the atmosphere”
Reviewed December 23, 2012

The price and the consistency for us has been the challenge. We have only been five times and every time we have enjoyed the salad bar but the meat has not been as good as we feel the name and type / price should offer

• Visited July 2012
ocala, fl
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“favorite occasion restaurant”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

This is a wonderful place to have a leisurely dinner. The salad bar (it doen't even seem right to call it a salad bar) would be great in and of itself - but then comes the parade of meat carved at your table. The beef is top shelf but then there is chicken, lamb chops, sausage, pork, grilled pineapple etc. We have been here many times (at least 10) and it never disappoints us.

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank oakrunfoodie
Gainesville, FL
“Exceeded all expectations”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

At my age, you've settled for that fact that not many things in life every live up to the hype. However, my faith was restored after my experience at Ipanema Brazilian Steakhouse in Ocala, FL.
My brother and sister-in-law had invited my wife and I to join them at IPANEMA to celebrate my wife's birthday. They had been to IPANEMA twice previously and raved about the place.

Everything about the dining experience at Ipanema's was tremendous.
You start with the splendid interior decor, which sets the mood.
The service is professional, and very attentive.
The wine selection is top notch (They even have the option of Brazilian wines if you want to have the complete experience)

I have been to other Churrascarias before, in Miami and Fort Lauderdale.
Ipanema far exceeded those previous experiences.

I would highly recommend ipanema, especially for special occasions. The setting and the service format is so much fun, and their meat selection and quality were sensational.

It may be slightly on the pricey side, but its very much worth it.

• Visited December 2012