“Best in Town!”

Cuisines: Brazilian
Good for: Bar scene, Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: 17th and 441 (Pine Ave)
Description: Ipanema Brazilian Steak House is a Churrascaria in the finest sense of the word. Our twelve authentic cuts and presentations of meat are seasoned with salt and roasted rotisserie-style over mineral coals imported from Brazil, basted continuously by their own natural juices. Served by traditional roving Gauchos, they are complemented by an opulent salad and vegetable bar, delectable desserts and delicious wines, beer, and cocktails.
Reviewed August 25, 2011

You can't go wrong with Ipanema!

From the moment you walk in the door and are greeted warmly, you find yourself surrounded in the glow of the ambient lighting tastefully recessed behind artwork on the walls. Then you are led to your white-tableclothed table with leather and wood seating - you just know you are somewhere special.

The manager, Robert Huff, makes you feel like you are part of his family who has come over to dine at his home. He takes care of every customer and always ensures they are happy and well fed.

The service is impeccable, attentive without being intrusive, and are always quick to respond to any request.

The food... oh my... the food is out of this world. The salad bar alone is worth the trip with it's impressive selection of meats, cheeses, greens, and all kinds of surprises (such as the best shrimp in Ocala!).

Then you have the rodizio - which you must try - where the Guachos go through the dining room with huge swords with variouos meat entrees to tempt you. It's all included - have all the filet mignon you want! Also - the sirloin cuts, the bacon-wrapped chicken, the ribs, and more - everything is fantastic. There are also various sides (black beans and rice are a personal favorite) included with your meal at a serve-yourself hot bar.

This is a great place to go for a special occasion, with clients, or just to go out with family to relax and reconnect with one another.

Highly recommended!

2  Thank Florida_Travel_Guy67

Reviewed June 19, 2011

this is our 4th time to Ipanema- Severely disappointed this time- All of the 'meat' was tough, oversalted, stringy, dry. If their calling card is 'beef' - it misses the mark, along with the very tough, fishy smelling, non-descript shrimp this visit. Evidently, they have sacrificed quality in order to 'maintain prices' (up by $10 from a couple years ago). For my $37.95 i got good value in mashed potatoes/gravy , grilled pineapple & grilled peppers. ('bout $4.95 worth) All meat offerings (i tried 6 of the 8 offered) were very poor. Won't try a fifth time

Reviewed February 11, 2011

We had a hard time trying to find a restaurant that was a majority gulten free for my aunt and Ipanema was the perfect solution. A little on the pricey side but it was worth every penny. The food was delicous and you keep getting served more and more meat. What more could anyone ask for? The ambience was quiet and peaceful and the food was always fresh. I am actaully going back for lunch today. Enjoy.

1  Thank SniderINK
Reviewed February 3, 2011

I heard about this restaurant over a year ago and finally had an opportunity to go for lunch and we met another couple we frequently dine with on our travels. We decided to try the lunch instead of the dinner because it is a little pricey for a first time visit and we needed to go during the daytime. The reservation through open table worked fine and the restaurant was maybe about one fourth full at 12:30 pm. We were promptly seated and the waitress explained the procedure. Our friends had the salad bar which included the soup and a side of vegetarian lasagna. We all had the corn soup which was very good despite a strong taste of garlic. Our friends had the veggie lasagna and they said it was almost all broccoli, more like a broccoli pie and lacked taste. The salad bar was gourmet style and had 30 items, many not normally seen on salad bars. But, most of the items lacked any taste and were bland. Sorry to say, I have had better salad bars at Ruby Tuesdays. On to the meat. I was the only one who ordered the full lunch which included the meats. My first pieces of beef were tough and rubbery, however I asked for and received a rare piece that was very tender. The only flavor on the meat was the salt (which we saw them flavoring the meats before putting them on the skewers. Sometimes they were re-salted when they came back to the fire in between servings. The pork parmesan cheese was good but almost overcooked. The parmesan chicken legs were ok and the pork sausages didn't have much flavor. In between our trips our plates were not picked up by the waitress and we had to stack new filled plates on top of the dirty ones. At least most Golden Corrals pick up the plates promptly. We were very disappointed in our waitress. The gauchos that came around to the tables were excellent. The ambience of the interior of the restaurant is very clean and beautiful. We expected better at this restaurant and I am sure some people disagree with my views but this is what we experienced on that day.

1  Thank norme-ormond
Reviewed September 22, 2010

My fiance surprised me yesterday, by taking me to Ipanema Brazilian Steakhouse in Ocala for my birthday dinner. When we arrived I was apprehensive, knowing it would be an expensive meal. However, I also knew of many people who had dined there, all of whom said it was delightful and worth every penny. We wholeheartedly concur!! Dining at Ipanema is not simply going out to eat, it truly is a sensual EXPERIENCE for all of the senses. Everything is well thought out and well executed, from the warm, cozy, elegant, and comfortable interior design, to the soft lighting, and background music, and the exceptional wait staff. And then there's the meat, all of it tender and perfectly seasoned, each with it's own distinctive, tantalizing aroma and taste... The salad bar is also unique in its offerings, including fresh, tender asparagus spears, We're going back again, in November, for his birthday dinner! Ocala is priviliged to have a restaurant of this caliber in our midst; it is a culinary treasure!