“Coffee House Atmosphere and Just Plain Fun”

Ocala Wine Experience
Ranked #105 of 511 Restaurants in Ocala
Cuisines: Wine Bar
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating
Reviewed October 24, 2013

Enter the small liquor store just a block off the town square in Ocala and climb the stairs to the 2nd floor, which contains one small bar, scattered tables, sofas, chairs, rhythm instruments (you too can bang on your whatever all night) and on weekends a guitarist/singer who knows a million songs (or at least I think he must). Light fare appetizers and great drinks will make this a memorable evening.

1  Thank Jim C

Reviewed October 3, 2013

Awesome atmosphere! What a great experience and a great place to enjoy some wine. This place had really good prices too! What a dive in Ocala!

Reviewed July 24, 2013

Awesome location and food & gift ideas. Things you can't find anywhere else, including an assortment of locally crafted wines. With its wine-tasting get-togethers, even a wine novice (like me) gets to learn what wines come from where and helped me appreciate wines from around the world.

Reviewed April 9, 2013

I'm not sure there's another one like this anywhere in the U.S. Great wines, very interesting people, satisfying pizzas, platters and small plates. The service is unmatched, the atmosphere fascinating, and the value excellent. I've met the most interesting people here - worth a short detour off I-75.

1  Thank REEF_Surfer_8
Reviewed February 4, 2013

We ate at Harry's on the square for dinner but didn't like their dessert selection. So we wandered around until we could find the right place for chocolate decadence. We found The Wine Experience and were not disappointed.

The decor is....quarky but adorable. You just have to see it! The waitress was wonderfully sweet and attentive. And the live music was romantic and added to the festive Friday night atmosphere!

I got a great glass of red zin and my husband had tawny port and glass of the spiced sangria. He ordered the ice cream with chocolate and truffles and I got the brownie ala mode. I truly can't remember having such a wonderful dessert. It was soft, warm and gooey with chopped nuts on top. It was so rich and flavorful that I will be dreaming of it until our next visit!

We recommend this place highly!

1  Thank romarosie