“I will never stay at a Homewood Suites again!”

Homewood Suites Ocala at Heath Brook
Ranked #8 of 34 Hotels in Ocala
Orlando, Florida
“I will never stay at a Homewood Suites again!”
Reviewed July 31, 2010

If you have a large group (11 families)......do yourself a favor and don't stay at this hotel. They don't want your business and they treat you like you are not paying customers/guests/clients. I have stayed in numerous hotels across the country for business and leisure and I have never in my life been treated as poorly as I have at this hotel. (They apparently had a bad experience with a sports team earlier this year.....and they took it out on us.) We felt uncomfortable and unwelcomed the entire stay. They made us sign a "code of conduct" and sit through a parent meeting where we were talked to like 1st graders as management read the rule book to us. When I asked if they required all families with children to sign the code of conduct upon check-in or sit through this property orientation.....I was told "No". (There were other families with children staying on the property.) I understand delivering the message that we, as parents, need to monitor our children's behavior and be responsible for their actions......but it was delivered inappropriately. Our team has stayed at various hotel brands across the southeastern United States (Embassy Suites, Marriott, Courtyard by Marriott, etc.) and we have never been treated like this......or have our children caused a problem on a property. I can only speak for myself, but I will NEVER stay at another Homewood Suites property again.....and I will tell everybody I know who is involved in youth sports programs....your team is not welcomed at Homewood Suites.

• Stayed July 2010
2 Thank Hunter0123
HWS_DOS, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites Ocala at Heath Brook, responded to this review, August 1, 2010
Dear Hunter0123,
I apologize that you feel as though your were treated unfairly and that you felt that we were not hospitable. We strive to maintain a property that has quality above the rest and guest service that makes you feel at home. I can assure you that we are disappointed that you felt as though you were spoken to like 1st graders during orientation. I can also assure you that your team contact was made aware of the policy, received the agreement, reviewed it and was informed of the orientation and its content prior to check-in. The team conduct policy agreement is not a new procedure and we have required every team that has stayed with us prior to you sign it as well. As we explained during the orientation, this is to prevent any miscommunication, misunderstanding and misinterpretation of the content. The purpose for the meeting was to give you, as our guests, the opportunity to ask questions and obtain further understanding of the policy. The policy agreement and orientation is a standard procedure for many hotels across the country. During our meeting it was explained that we were not attempting to ruin your stay, but to make it enjoyable for all of our guests that were staying with us. I can assure you that the guests staying with us while your team was here appreciated the fact that your children were well mannered and didn't cause any commotion. I apologize, again, that you didn't have an enjoyable stay and I would like to make it up to you in any way that I can, to show you that we do enjoy all of our guests and that everyone appreciates safe and peaceful accomodations.

Best Regards,
Lacey Michelle Colletti, Director of Sales

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Clearwater, Florida
Reviewed July 30, 2010

The hotel is beautiful and very clean. Good location, right off the main road. Fast check in, great rate, friendly staff. We come to the area quite often and have stayed at several hotels in a few mile radius, and this one has been the best so far. We liked the idea of a small kitchen with a full size fridge, 2 burner stove, dishwasher and sink. No oven and the kitchen is small, but is perfect for travel. Has a 2 person table to eat at and plenty of space to store things. Would return in the near future.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank Katigurl32
Thank you for your kind words! I sincerely appreciate that you enjoyed your stay and looking forward to returning to our property. If there is anything that I can do to make your stay more comfortable and enjoyable, please let me know. We love to hear it when our guests are excited to return to stay with us because we strive to make you feel at home away from home.

Best Regards,
Lacey Michelle Colletti, Director of Sales
Rena, Norway
Reviewed July 8, 2010

Nice hotel. Friendly staff trying their best to help you. The room was fine, free internet. Good breakfast and free dinner monday-thursday. The kids liked the hotel, had basketballcourt and they could play golf at the swimmingpool. Lies nest to a shoppingmalll. Didnt find the adress in the GPS but the hospital across the street was listed so we used that as a marker.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank OleL
Sebastian, FL
Reviewed March 16, 2010

I stayed at the Homewood Suites in Ocala on business for one evening in March, 2010 and I was not disappointed. This hotel is very new and extremely clean. I had wondered if anyone had even stayed in my suite it was so clean! I do not have anything negative to say about the room or the say except tha tthe shower head takes a little turning for water to come out of it. I was up and about early and had little time to spare after using the gym and disrobed to jump into the shower (hear this - no tub) but there was no H2O. I phoned the front desk to see if there was some "trick" to getting water to come out of the shower head and was told that you had to turn it because the cleaning folks sometimes turn it a bit too much when cleaning the SHOWER HEAD?

Cleaning the shower head? That told me something about the extreme cleanliness of this hotel. I would stay here again in a heartbeat. Next door is a Dillards and a town center type shopping center with shops and restaurants along with a Barnes and Noble--my kind of place.

Stay here again?? You betcha. Staff were also extremely accommodating and warm!

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank Sebastian_FLBillmar
United States
Reviewed February 16, 2010

The staff here is EXCEPTIONAL! Very accommodating--they aim to please! The rooms are large, comfortable and have all the necessary amenities. The property is conveniently located to shops, restaurants the interstate, etc., but is very quiet. One of the best long-term properties we have ever experienced. And I don't understand the comments about the internet from others. It has been very dependable and fast while we have been here. But the crowning glory of this property has to be the staff! Kudos to them for their customer-service orientation!

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank TravelTeaches2
USA
Reviewed September 29, 2009

This is a typical Homewood so I won't go into details of what the rooms are like, etc. But I do have to mention the internet. It's free. That is the only good thing I can say about it. I ran a speed test early on the morning of my departure so there would be minimum people using the internet. I was surprised to find it hit 480 kbs. I think that was the fastest it had been during my entire stay (using the ethernet cable in the room as opposed to wifi seems to make no difference). I would estimate the average speed on a typical evening hovers somewhere around 200-250 kbs. As a comparison I ran the same speed test on my 3G iPhone and it clocked in at over 1600 kbs.

If one just needs basic internet access to check email (without attachments) or very light web browsing then you're good to go. If you are a business user or, God forbid, you want to watch streaming video then I suggest you invest in a cellular 3G modem.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank Edge35
Connecticut
Reviewed September 26, 2009

I use to stay at the Ocala Hilton, but I was recently introduced to the Ocala homewood suites and I liked what I experienced. This property is about a half of a mile off of I-75, and is very near shopping and restaurants. I enjoyed the breakfast at the hotel and the staff has time and time again been very accomodating to my many request. The rooms are clean and comfortable and parking is very convenient. This is a nice option in the Ocala are if you are doing buisiness or even for pleasure in the beautiful horse country.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled on business