“Great Value”

Ranked #7 of 34 Hotels in Ocala
Madison, NJ
“Great Value”
Reviewed February 22, 2014

This hotel is well located, clean, and comfortable. The staff was extremely helpful. Our suite was roomy and well stocked. The breakfasts are good; we didn't try the dinners. We were very pleased with our stay.

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Rochester, IN
Reviewed February 22, 2014

I would have rated perfect except the food is not edible. Poorest selection at any Homewood Suites I have ever been to. Clean and large rooms, very comfortable, nice kitchen(I did not go on vacation to cook), but nice for snacks. Value is great, it is too bad something is wrong with the kitchen staff and ordering of the food. Slow internet but tolerable. Slow check-in process and they are not prepared for busy times, front desk day girl borderline rude. Safe area, most everything you will need next door, Dillards, Walgreens, many food choices. May look into elsewhere for next year, I expect a good breakfast at the least for the standards of Homewood Suites and this is not it.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
HomewoodGMOcala, General Manager at Homewood Suites Ocala at Heath Brook, responded to this review, March 6, 2014
Thank you for your response. We use the responses from our guests' to get better everyday and will use are part of our on going training to get to the next level. We hope that you return in the future to show how your comments helped us!
Ocala, Florida
Reviewed February 19, 2014

Just got back from spending seven nights here. Nice size room with kitchen and full size fridge. Decent breakfast included every morning, and dinner Monday through Thursday. Not great food, but good if you can't or don't want to go out. Also I had to request glass dishes instead of paper plates and plastic utensils for dinner. The kitchen crew were good, especially Jacaqui making sure everyone had what they needed. She'll take good care of you! What a shame the front desk at check in was not as efficient. After being tired from flying all day, just wanted to get to our room. Front desk person took a personal phone call and had to repeat twice that she has to go because clients were at the front desk.
The real problem here is the housekeeping. One night the bedspread was pulled up but the sheets and pillowcases were not changed. When I went to the front desk to request maid service, I was told that housekeeping leaves at 4:30 and no one could help us. I then requested at least fresh pillow cases (since two pillows were still on the sofa all wrinkled up). They did give me clean cases to put on. The day before the kitchen trash in our room was not removed and overflowing with stinking food until the next day. Also as mentioned from other reviewers, they did not vacuum the room the entire week we were there, even after a trip to the beach and sandy floors. I asked to speak to a manager, and was told I would have to call her myself the next morning after I checked out. When I returned from my trip the next day I called to discuss these issues with her, and I was told that they had people come up to the room to look after I complained, and they said it " was fine." Of course it looked better after I had to do it myself!
The general manager also told me that since I booked through a 3rd party (expedia), and was pre-paid, she really could not do anything about it! How is that for customer service! After calling expedia, the hotel did agree to mail me a certificate for a free night. Not sure I will ever be staying at Homewood Suites again. A bit of advice, don't prepay because then you will not get any service since they already have their money.
Dr. Cheryl Minton

1 Thank doctorcminton
Fishers Indiana
Reviewed February 14, 2014

If you are visiting Ocala and need a place to stay with great accommodations, this is the place. Very clean and near Bubba Speedway. We come in every year for the Winter Nationals and this is where we like to stay. Have a full kitchen inside every room.

Ocala, United States
Reviewed February 12, 2014

This suite was more than we expected for the $$. Definitely worth the $$, we used military discount, had everything we needed in room and more. The room was quiet, internet access was easy, and shower was very large!

Florida
Reviewed January 26, 2014

This stay just before New Year's was our sixth stay at this hotel in the past 3 years and overall it was very satisfactory. This time we stayed in a studio suite and we found it spacious, clean, quiet, and everything in working order. The king sized bed and the sofa bed both were very comfortable and both the in-room wireless access and the business center Internet connection worked fine. We arrived just after the evening reception food was put away but managed to find a good takeout place a couple miles up the highway. The breakfast buffet was okay but nothing special...perhaps just as well after eating big breakfasts every morning aboard a cruise ship the prior 10 days. The front desk personnel seemed a bit more attentive than during recent stays and overall I'd recommend this as a good place to stay in Ocala.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Dothan, Alabama
Reviewed January 15, 2014

Looking from the outside of this hotel it appears to be quite a nice place, well i found out on closer view quite a difference experience .Entering the back door hallway to the room,the 1st thing I noticed was a very stained carpet.Upon entering the suite the rug was old and dirty, the two TV were old 19 inch.In the bedroom to my surprise the comforter was a green /brown satin,which you would slide off the bed when sitting.On the tile by the sink were small shards of glass MM and previous guests
spills on the floor.I slept on a sheet as i would slide off the comforter.I would find out this was the least of my concerns.Next morning after breakfast,and a curt front desk clerk that i asked a question too,i headed back to my room,deciding to clean out my car.My key wasn't working properly so i left the door cracked open.When the time came to leave the maids were circling the room to clean.Cut to the chase,upon leaving the hotel,i notified the front desk of my concerns,they accused me of stealing towels,a comforter,extra sheets,and 2 dish clothes.
they demanded to empty my car to search,if i would not comply,they would notify the police to have me arrested....They had the police hunt me down at my vet 1 mile down the road.
Torn my car apart,accused me of disposing of said items on the way to vet.Charged my credit card 300.00 for said missing items.Called every Hilton property in Ocala to have me permanently blackballed.Filed a report in which they recovered from me 1 hand towel wrapped around wet pocketbook,1 bath towel for bathroom floor i gave them in my dog crate,to line the
crate as she has bladder cancer.Left me with no place to sleep. I have never been treated in such a way in my life and will never return or recommend this place to anyone.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo