“Great 5 night stay!”

Homewood Suites Ocala at Heath Brook
Ranked #9 of 34 Hotels in Ocala
Reviewed July 13, 2012

We stayed here over 4th of July with our softball team for the State Championship. The location is nice - not too far off of I-75. There was a Starbucks right in front of the hotel, Publix was about 2 miles down the street, and there is a upscale town center within walking distance as well. The area seemed very safe and there was always plenty of parking. We had a suite with one king bed and a pull out sofa. The rooms were very spacious with a flat screen TV. The kitchen area was great with everything you could need but an oven! There was a small eating area that was big enough for the 2 kids to sit and eat. The rooms were very clean and housekeeping was always quick to respond with towels, trash removal, etc... The pool area was big enough to handle 3 softball teams and the basketball court was an added bonus! Overall the staff was extremely pleasant and professional with the execption of the woman working the evening shift. She was there 4 of the days we were there and we heard numerous people (not just from our team) comment on how rude she was. The hotel was accomodating 4 different sports teams while we were there and aside from the one receptionist, they handled it wonderfully. Keep in mind, if you are coming here with a sports team - they will NOT allow you to decorate your doors. Our team was very disappointed that they weren't able to hang all of their decorations. We have travelled quite a bit as a team and have never had this problem at other hotels. Overall, our team was very happy with our stay here! We would definitely stay there again!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed July 11, 2012

I have stayed here a number of times for business and have not been disappointed.The staff is always friendly and helpful.When I walk in there i feel like I am home.The rooms are large and perfect for an extended stay.if you want to stay in your room at night and work then everything is there to make a proper meal with full size fridge etc. Internet connection and desk are there for your use.There is a small business room with printers if needed.The pool is nice to spend time around relaxing.A nice breakfast is provided to get you started in the morning and food is available for dinner.There are a number of restaurants nearby and virtually everything is a short drive. You cannot go wrong staying here.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed July 5, 2012

This was a really nice hotel for a stop over. We stopped through on our way to cocoa beach to rest from a long camping trip. It was neat, clean and not expensive. Breakfast is not too bad for free - nothing fancy but a good hot breakfast with 3 kids saved us time and money. The staff were soooo friendly! Not much going on in the area - but its close to the malls, shops and restataunts.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed June 17, 2012

I moved from Miami to Atlanta in 1984 and went back many times until a 1992 hurricane moved family from the beach. I always made it a plan to stop in Ocala, Fl since the entrance to the Florida Turnpike is not far away, fuel prices were reasonable and “Gators” was there with the best milk shake ever.

WOW has it changed in 20 years. I did not recognize anything except the nearby white-fenced horse farms and the city name. My three week house hunting trip had me in a rental car, driving from Fort Myers to Fort Walton Beach to pick up my furniture and Australian Shepherd the next day and return in a U-Haul to Fort Myers / Lehigh Acres. So the two day trip made this a logical stop and I had not yet tried Hampton Inn and had no dog.

I had stayed at La Quinta (to preview how my Aussie would like it this dog-friendly chain), Hampton Inn, and Marriott Courtyard chains on my three week trip. My point here is I am comparing this one Hampton with a few other chains.

This room was a king bed, with a very nice desk space and better than an average Internet. Its sink area was separated from the shower so none of the annoying steam on the mirror that complicates shaving. I prefer a shower to a tub when in a hotel. And the towels were fluffy. Some chains use the term “Suites” in their name yet, if they exist, you pay extra for them. This was an exceptionally clean suite, complete with kitchen and all its necessities. Like most, only breakfast was offered on my in / out schedule but it had real flatware, not plastic. I so dislike plastic spoons since they invariably cut my mouth! The breakfast also included fresh, not canned fruit and an especially helpful staff person.

The check-in and check-out staffs were very helpful. In my rush to eat on arrival, I was directed to “Mimi’s” restaurant within easy walking distance had I felt up to it. In my rush to ‘hit the road’; I left my receipt at the desk. I walked in and, while on the phone, she was waving it in the air for me. Thoughtful!

There was one oddity, perhaps in all of the same floor plan. To access the elevator, you walk thru a somewhat confined space. Since it is a suite dsign and probably does attract families who must use luggage carts, it probably is OK. I had a backpack on and carried what would be “carry-on” airplane luggage. I had to turn sideways to get thru.

If I were traveling with a family, plan to arrive early and enjoy the pool or let the kids enjoy the two TVs. I understand a basketball court and putting green are also available. Shopping mall is an easy walk.

Like the rest of this area of Ocala, this building is new. As a in / out solo, it may be a bit pricy but a definite bargain for a family.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Bertram28
Reviewed June 5, 2012

We stayed at the Homewood Suites for two nights while we visited family in town. The hotel was very clean and comfortable. We stayed in a suite with two queen beds. The room was nicely equipped and the kitchen was a nice bonus. The air conditioning worked great and the beds were very comfortable. Every part of this hotel was clean. The staff was extremely friendly, especially Jacquie who was in charge of breakfast. She did an incredible job of keeping the food area and the eating area spotless. The food was plentiful and she constantly stocked the food and cleaned the tables. While the hotel does offer food in the evenings on Mondays - Thursdays, we did not have the opportunity to eat any of it. The hotel also provides fresh baked chocolate chip cookies which we also did not have a chance to eat, but they sure made the lobby smell delicious. The pool area was clean and well kept. There was a whirlpool and a small sports area as well. These areas were also very clean.
The hotel was located near several stores and restaurants which were within walking distance. The area was very quiet and there were no noise problems whatsoever. The hotel was about half a mile from the highway so there was no highway noise either.
I would definitely recommend this hotel if you are going to Ocala.

Room Tip: Request a room on a higher floor. It was so quiet.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Parenttravel46
Reviewed May 31, 2012

We had what should have been a very minor issue at check-in (smoking room). However, the assistant manager chose to make it a big problem and totally turned us off to the Hilton brands. The hotel is nice but the customer service we received was absolutely confounding and awful. They lost a customer.

If you are booking through an internet site like Priceline be prepared to be treated like a 2nd class citizen.

Room Tip: If your booking through an Internet site like Priceline be prepared to be treated like a 2nd class c...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank David S
Reviewed April 9, 2012

We stayed in this hotel as a stopover on a trip to South FL. It is very nicely decorated and family friendly. They have a beautiful outdoor pool area with a putting green and basketball court. The room was very large, and had plenty of room for our family of six (2 queen beds and a double pull out couch). The mattresses were OK, not the best, but adequate. The included breakfast was somewhat below average, although includes more than the usual make your own waffles (eggs, meats, potatoes). I was a little annoyed when they ran out of waffle batter with over 30 min left in the breakfast period and the staff member working the breakfast appeared irritated when I asked for more to make waffles for my kids. Otherwise, it was a nice place to stay and I would certainly go back.

Room Tip: try to avoid rooms by the stairwell, the door slams very loudly.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family