“Pleasant Surprise - Lower Pet Fee”

Residence Inn Ocala
Ranked #9 of 34 Hotels in Ocala
Reviewed December 24, 2013

Stayed for several nights while in town to visit relatives. I had a room on the second floor that actually seemed bigger than similar suites at other Residence Inns. I was just steps from the stairs with the door leading the a lovely large pet area - BEWARE, though. It appears that many guests are not very vigilant about picking up after their dog.
There is a Cracker Barrel within walking distance, and lots of sidewalks to take a nice walk with your dog.
Comfy bed with a plug in the bedside lamp for my phone. Fairly fast wireless.
Best surprise was that when I checked in, because I was only staying three night the pet fee was only $45!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo

Reviewed December 23, 2013

We wanted to stay in Ocala on our way to Sebring, Florida. We didn't get away from the Atlanta area 'till after two o'clock, so we were getting to Ocala late for us. My wife checked reviews on her cell phone and suggested Residence Inn. It was dark by the time we got to the exit and we found it a little hard to figure out where to turn into the property and where to enter the building.

Once in the building we were very impressed. This is a beautiful building and our room was a beautiful room with a small kitchen including a two door refrigerator -- not full size but plenty big for a hotel. The television is quite large and is on a swivel so that it can be turned to the living room area or to the bed area.

The bathroom is right next to the bed area with a split design that has the sinks outside the bath/toilet area. That makes it difficult if one person wants to get ready for the day while the other wants to continue to sleep. It looked like it would be easy to add a second door that would allow the entire bath area to be closed off ending this complication. I would recommend that be done even though it would reduce the open feeling.

We left Georgia after church and a meal with friends. Before leaving, we changed clothes, so we had only worn the clothes half a day. In the morning I thought I would just put my white sox back on because I had kept my shoes on all but an hour or so in the hotel room and I doubted they were at all dirty. When I checked, they were filthy. The room/suite seemed very clean, but I doubt the carpet had been cleaned in a long time. It was a darker carpet, so it didn't look dirty, but it couldn't pass the white sox test.

I get up much earlier than my wife and I like to work on my laptop while she sleeps. The only way to do that without disturbing her was to keep the lights off. I've done that before, so it was not a big deal for me, but it is a consideration.

Up very early that day (4:00 a.m.) I was the first to the breakfast buffet which is open from 6:30 to 9:30. It was the best breakfast buffet we have ever experienced. There were potatoes and a potato-onion-pepper-sausage mixture that I combined and had to fight myself to keep from going back for more. There were scrambled eggs that were just right to me and some kind of ham. I had the eggs, but skipped the ham. As with many places, you could make your own waffle. There were plenty of other choices, but these were the highlights to me.

All in all, the hotel is very convenient to I-75 but far enough off that noise was not an issue and it has much more to like than to frustrated about. We recommend it the way it is now and suggest that a little more bathroom privacy and more attention to carpet cleaning would make it even better.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 17, 2013 via mobile

We spent one night here and was pleasantly surprised. The rooms were large and had a full kitchen, nice comfortable beds and pillows. The bathroom was nice. The room was very clean. We had no complaints whatsoever and would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 14, 2013

I travel on business in excess of 140 nights a year. I'm both a Hilton diamond member and a Marriott platinum elite for life member. This 8 year old property appears brand new. The common areas, and rooms show no signs of wear. The staff is super friendly. The daily social presentation is also a cut above other Residence inns who do a good job. The outside pool area is larger than most. It is very easy access of I 75. Near tons of restaurants and shopping. This pet friendly property is truly remarkable. I won't stay anywhere else when staying in Ocala

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank webpro11
Reviewed November 10, 2013

The Residence Inn in Ocala really does it's best to make it your home away from home. Check in was quick and the desk crew was friendly. The rooms are small suites, with a sitting area and nice kitchen - full size refrigerators, microwave, cook top, dishwasher, sink and all the pans, dishes and utensils you need. Very clean and well maintained and quiet. There's a nice pool, jacuzzi, basketball court and even a small putting green. The fitness room has 3 treadmills, a bike, eliptical and free weights - they also offer free temporary membership in a large 24-hr gym down the street! The breakfast buffet was well stocked and had hot as well as cold items. We were only here 2 nights but my husband and I agreed that the next time we're in the area we would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank DeeLovesToTravel
Reviewed October 21, 2013

This small Residence Inn was everything you could ask for. Check-in was efficient and very pleasant. Our room was nicely appointed and immaculately clean, with no residue smell from cleaners. We had a call within minutes to inquire if our room was ok, and it was perfect. Breakfast was nicer than most at this price point, with choices and breakfast area was well attended to. We wish all our travels could be this clean and pleasant.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank MiRobTLH
Reviewed October 4, 2013

The room and public spaces are beautiful. Staff, excellent. The bed was wonderful. Everything very clean and in great condition. The breakfast was excellent. My ONLY complaint was there was no real cream for coffee. Just that non-dairy junk. I would definitely stay here again, but I will bring my own cream.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business