“Great place”

Residence Inn Ocala
Ranked #9 of 34 Hotels in Ocala
Reviewed November 17, 2013 via mobile

We spent one night here and was pleasantly surprised. The rooms were large and had a full kitchen, nice comfortable beds and pillows. The bathroom was nice. The room was very clean. We had no complaints whatsoever and would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed November 14, 2013

I travel on business in excess of 140 nights a year. I'm both a Hilton diamond member and a Marriott platinum elite for life member. This 8 year old property appears brand new. The common areas, and rooms show no signs of wear. The staff is super friendly. The daily social presentation is also a cut above other Residence inns who do a good job. The outside pool area is larger than most. It is very easy access of I 75. Near tons of restaurants and shopping. This pet friendly property is truly remarkable. I won't stay anywhere else when staying in Ocala

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank webpro11
Reviewed November 10, 2013

The Residence Inn in Ocala really does it's best to make it your home away from home. Check in was quick and the desk crew was friendly. The rooms are small suites, with a sitting area and nice kitchen - full size refrigerators, microwave, cook top, dishwasher, sink and all the pans, dishes and utensils you need. Very clean and well maintained and quiet. There's a nice pool, jacuzzi, basketball court and even a small putting green. The fitness room has 3 treadmills, a bike, eliptical and free weights - they also offer free temporary membership in a large 24-hr gym down the street! The breakfast buffet was well stocked and had hot as well as cold items. We were only here 2 nights but my husband and I agreed that the next time we're in the area we would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank DeeLovesToTravel
Reviewed October 21, 2013

This small Residence Inn was everything you could ask for. Check-in was efficient and very pleasant. Our room was nicely appointed and immaculately clean, with no residue smell from cleaners. We had a call within minutes to inquire if our room was ok, and it was perfect. Breakfast was nicer than most at this price point, with choices and breakfast area was well attended to. We wish all our travels could be this clean and pleasant.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank MiRobTLH
Reviewed October 4, 2013

The room and public spaces are beautiful. Staff, excellent. The bed was wonderful. Everything very clean and in great condition. The breakfast was excellent. My ONLY complaint was there was no real cream for coffee. Just that non-dairy junk. I would definitely stay here again, but I will bring my own cream.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Jill H
Reviewed September 25, 2013

I stayed here last Friday night with my family (we went ziplining the following day). I am so impressed with this property- especially the hospitality. Kevin was working the desk when I arrived and was the person who took my reservation over the phone earlier that day. Kevin is an absolute gem! He was so kind and from the initial phone call to the check-in and throughout our stay, he made us feel like family! It is great to see that kind of personal attention and customer service!
The property, the common areas, and the room were all very clean. We booked the 2 bedroom suite which gave us all room to spread out. One room has a queen bed and the other has a king. There are two bathrooms and a kitchen/living room area with a coffee maker. Each bedroom has a flat screen tv and there is one in the living room too. I like that there was enough space for us and that I felt the room was clean and well laid out.
The breakfast had more to offer than I expected. We had fresh fruit and oatmeal with walnuts and cinnamon sugar. There were eggs, sausage, bagels, baked goods, cereal, milk, juice, coffee and a waffle maker. There was a toaster too. If you are looking for a quick meal to get you on the road, this will do it for you. Better than fast food and it's free.
The only downside to the stay is that in our bed was just a little too hard. But it was clean so I won't complain too much. I also don't like that there was a main light switch that controlled the power to half of the room, so in the middle of the night if you had to use the restroom, it was difficult to see your way in the dark. I would recommend the hotel change that in some fashion to make it more convenient.
Overall this place was great! I highly recommend it for families.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 21, 2013

Great hotel and very thoughtful staff. I had a beautiful room. While I was making my reservation, the computer system slowed and then crashed. The gentleman taking my reservation, named Robert, apologized profusely for the inconvenience. Everything was fine but he apologized further. I told him to stop apologizing, just have some collard greens for me when I got there. I had been traveling up north and I was hungry for greens. When I checked in four hours later, the man at the desk handed me a can of collard greens. Now that is amazing personal service even if all in fun. I ate the greens and I was happy. They also serve a good breakfast. Thank you!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo