“Best in Ocala” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #10 of 37 Hotels in Ocala
Atlanta
“Best in Ocala”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2012

We stayed the night on a road trip and this hotel was perfect. I was traveling with my son and they provided us with a crib which was in great shape. The rooms were clean and the service was great as well. I would stay here again, especially for a one night stopover.

• 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Palm Beach Gardens, FL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 24, 2012

I have traveled extensively in the U.S. and Europe, and the Ocala Residence Inn rates as one of the cleanest, most well-kept hotels I have stayed in. Kudos to Jose and Kevin on the front desk, and all the rest of the hotel personnel who were all friendly and professional. Everything was perfect, and I will definitely stay here again when in the area.

Apex, nc
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 19, 2012

Jennifer, who initially made our reservation was just as sweet and helpful as could be, as were the rest of the front desk staff. The pool & jacuzzi were clean. The king bed was very comfy and the pull out sofa was as comfartable as one could expect it to be. We requested to be placed in a room that had not been occupied by pets; we were given a room on the second floor. On our second day we realized that there were dogs on our floor, however, kudos to the housekeeping staff. My daughter, who is allergic to cats and dogs did not have a single sneeze. I was going to ask for a room change but it wasn't necessary since the rooms are cleaned quite thoroughly between guest stays. The breakfast was wonderful; the lady who served the breakfas (I wish I knew her name) was a delight. Every morning for the five days we stayed breakfast was different in some aspect. Very pleasant surprise. Even more lovely is the manager's welcome meal that the hotel hosts Monday - Thurday. The same awesome lady who did breakfast also did the evening meal set-up.

Last, but not least, we had a lot of laundry to do while at the hotel. The laudry facility was clean as were the actual washers and dryers. This was a God send as I typically will not use public laundry facilities.

we could not have asked for a more comfortable stay.

1 Thank travelfamily1421
Kuwait
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2012

The Inn is located directly off I75 and SR200 in it's own landscaped area with plenty of parking. First impressions are of a well run hotel with friendly staff and good facilities. We booked it at very short notice as the Homewood Suites a couple of miles further down the road, kept changing their rate when we tried to book on line. When they would not honour the internet rate we moved to the Residence Inn and we are glad we did.

The receptionist was friendly and helpful and she gave us a quiet room at the back of the hotel away from the Interstate. The room was a studio with a King Bed, sitting area, kitchen and a very clean bathroom. The whole hotel is smoke-free- excellent- and you get free internet and breakfast included in the rate.

The room was very comfortable and had everything required but the TV was one of the older models, not LCD and could do with an update. The bed was very comfortable but as with all the Residence Inns we have stayed in, the A/C unit is right in front of the bed and pretty noisy. Luckily the weather was cooler so we were able to turn it off during the night.

Breakfast was quiet good with a selction of cold items along with some eggs and sausages and 24 Hour coffee was available.

The only down side for us - the hotel is pet-friendly and there were a lot of dogs staying which we don't really like and would normally avoid. As we knew this when we checked in we can't really complain, but if this is a problem for you, then it is worth noting.

Overall a very nice stay and we would recommend the hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing away from the highway
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2012 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel for 2 wks. It is very nice and has everything you need. I took my toy poodle with me and had no problems. The hotel is clean and the location is very good. They dinner social events are a plus. I enjoyed this stay and would totally stay here again if I am ever in Ocala. This hotel really exceeded my expectations.

• Stayed October 2012
Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2012

Stayed here for a quick overnight trip and wish I had more time to enjoy it. Great looking property inside and out. Desk clerk couldn't have been nicer, and breakfast was good enough. Would no doubt stay here again.

Tampa, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

Quiet area if you have room away from the Highway. Nice touch "Manager's Hour " 6:00pm-7:30pm (M-TH ONLY) wine & beer + food. The food is nice but very boring after the first week, since it recycles over and over. (The same salad every night: mixed lettice w shraded carrots/ potato salad exccept one night there is NO salad at all). I would like to have some vegetables, I'm going through fiber withdraw! What they do have is very tasty.

The fitness center is adequate and usually very quite.( But be warned that is NOT 24hr as listed on the web site is 7:00am-10:00pm ONLY). If you want to work out before 7:00am or after 10:00pm, you will have to go to another location (ANYTIME FITNESS), which is a major inconvience for me. I like to be able to work out in the same hotel as I'm staying!

Staff are nice, and the place is clean and safe. I'm in town for a month long assignment at a local hospital, and I've stayed in two other hotel before I've settled in this one, I am pretty picky when it comes to hotels, and the reason I did not give the highest mark is due to the fitness center situation, and I usually stay at 4 and 5 stars hotels and I'm just spoiled.

Bottom Line: It is the BEST place for extended stay in Ocala. (ask for discount rate in person for long term stay, they will try to give you a break)

Room Tip: Away from the Highway, higher floor
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business