“Service with a smile”

Comfort Suites Ocala
Ranked #4 of 34 Hotels in Ocala
Reviewed March 4, 2008

I was participating in a large competition nearby. The hotel staff was excellent assisting me in making arrangements. The hotel was new, extremely clean and surprisingly quiet given the close proximity to the highway. The staff tripped over themselves to assist
me with various tasks. The rooms were large, clean and very nice considering it is not a resort. The pillows were great. the bath smelled so fresh and clean after the room was cleaned. I was extremely happy with my stay (a few weeks).
I traveled alone and I felt very safe in the hotel. The doors have an excellent safety latch Ive never seen before that provides excellent security. The only down side.....I would avoid the gas station nearby (I was approached for money) and be mindful of your surroundings .

I felt very safe in the front part of the hotel parking lot and in the hotel itself.

Avoid the tourist trap restaurant 'SKY". It was a total rip off. My entree was ok but I paid 8 dollars for "fried rice" side dish.It wasn't fried and the portion was about a cup and one half. We had reservations made 10 days before we arrived which they totally disregarded. We waited over an hour with a party of nine. No soft drinks, cocktails were offered.They tried to handle me and all used the same line to stall. One dish came out over 40 minutes late after 8 of our guests were served. It was cold . If you want to be ripped off go there. The food is ok but it was not worth it . The crowds are large so they dont care how they treat you at the reception area. The front staff were idiots and completely apathetic. You can tell they dont care if you ever return. I felt sick for two days after eating the orange "beef". I pray all alley cats are accounted for!

• Stayed: February 2008
2  Thank ConradWiser

Reviewed February 3, 2008

This place was a nice surprise! We were told it was fairly new; front desk was pleasant and professional. Our room was clean; king size bed extremely comfortable, good pillows. Right off I-75 access. A basic continental breakfast, but also had waffles available when we were there. 2 exits south is the "main" drag to Ocala, where you can get to more restaurants, Paddock shopping Mall, and a theater. Also available, internet access in room and a small "snack" store by front desk.

Stayed: January 2008
2  Thank Parkwaycourt
Reviewed February 1, 2008

This is a very new and nice hotel. Aways the service was excellent and the continental breakfast was great with a variety of offerings! Will definately stay again when in the area!

• Stayed: January 2008, traveled with family
2  Thank clark197
Reviewed January 21, 2008

I stayed here for more than a week on business and found the lobby and room to be immaculate, quiet, and comfortable. There is plenty of free parking, the high speed wireless internet is included in the room rate (and my connection was excellent), and the free buffet breakfast was pretty good (I'm not much of a breakfast eater but I had waffles a couple of times.) My room had two queen sized beds (very comfortable, a couch, a desk, and a bureau with a TV. The room itself was huge for a budget hotel.

The room had a fridge, freezer, and microwave, and there's a supermarket right up the street so I had a couple of meals in the room. Otherwise, there are plenty of nearby restaurants. Big Apple Eatery was pretty good for delivery.

The staff were friendly and polite, there's a coin op laundry on the second floor, and a place to purchase stuff like laundry soap and snacks at the lobby.

I'll stay here again if business brings me back to the Ocala area.

• Stayed: January 2008, traveled on business
3  Thank thanford
Reviewed January 17, 2008

This hotel was very nice, clean (except I think the shower curtain could have used a cleaning, it had an odor) everything else was very clean though. It was a nice size room with a big plush king size bed. The staff was very nice and the continental breakfast was fine although I only had the waffles. The price was good for the value and the location was good enough for me ( we went to Silver Springs park) about a 15 minute drive. No restaurants in the immediate area but we went to 2 exits south (only a few minutes drive) and there were plenty of chain restaurants to choose from. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2008, traveled as a couple
2  Thank kaliali
Reviewed January 14, 2008

The room was nicely furnished and huge for a hotel room. The hotel itself was clean and neat but not much of a lobby. Good thing the room was big enough to be "cooped up" in it.

The breakfast was not that great except for the wonderful waffles but it was free and plentiful, so no complaints.

The staff was extremely friendly and accomodating.

• Stayed: January 2008
2  Thank dedelydee
Reviewed January 2, 2008

Service was great, rooms were very clean and very nicely decorated. Breakfast was very good. Will definitely visit again!

• Stayed: December 2007