“Great staff - beautiful lobby”

Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites - Ocala Conference Center
Ranked #13 of 34 Hotels in Ocala
GreenLeadersBronze level
Atlanta, GA
“Great staff - beautiful lobby”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2010

The staff at this hotel could not have been more helpful! Very nice when we asked to switch rooms. (The rooms on the 2nd floor on the back side of the hotel look out at air conditioner units that make an awful vibration.) When we had to make an unplanned ER visit, the front desk printed out a map and directions and had them waiting for me at the desk as I ran out the door. (Great ER three minutes away - although I hope no one else needs it!) The lobby is beautiful and smells great! Lots of TV's and great places to visit and relax. The room was pretty, although it showed a little age in the paint and furniture. Very clean though, and the beds are SO comfortable. The hotel is very close the I-75. We would stay here again!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank BethNJ

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Ormond Beach, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2010

Place was very comfortable and "Big City" class. Sam the desk guy was very friendly, and helpful. I will be back, this time with my wife.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
Colleyville, Texas, USA
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2010

This was one of my favorite hotels, until...had a washclothe get scorched doing a heatwrap in the microwave due to the turntable not turning apparently. End result similar smell to a burnt bag of popcorn. Left the rag in a bag with a note explainging what happened. Hotel Manager on Duty had someone call attempting to charge me additional. Asked to speak with M.O.D. and he was in attack mode from gitgo. Started with trying to charge me $25 for a $4 washcloth, then went to $150 for a $75 microwave, then a $200 cleaning fee. Tried to allow him to de-escalate the rant about 5 times asking if they always charge Priority Club Platinum members when a bag of popcorn gets burned...he would not answer. Informed him he could not charge without a policy and he was pulling #'s out of the air. Told him I'd dispute CC charge and also file a customer sat with IHG. I also asked for his ownership's info and he hung up after telling me that I was going to file a complaint with Priority Club anyway. Filed complaint with IHG Priority Club and was told (as per their website) I'd receive a response within 3 days...never heard from anyone and they charged $100 anyway. Great hotel, horrible guest relations and apparently their management has zero regard for franchise requirements or satisfying customer issues from a previous customer and Platinum traveller.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
Lady Lake, Florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2010

My sister was married at this hotel, and she was mostly happy with everything so I won't make my comments on that area however I felt the room was way too expensive for what was received even at a "discounted" rate. I stayed in 3 star hotel on the beach with a better view for about $20 less a night. Also, don't be suprised with the "bed tax" on your bill. I've stayed in several hotels and that's the first I've seen of that. Now I could have looked past all that until after checking out and making the hour drive home, my boyfriend realized he had left his swimtrunks in the room, he called the hotel and after calling twice was told they were found and could pick them up from the front desk whenever he wished. So a few days later we went back and were greeted with a not so friendly girl up front who then had to call a not friendly at all women who basicly told her " I have no idea but I'm too busy to deal with it right now" We were then told someone would look, but it would be a while. So the girl disappears and returns about 5 mins later with them in a bag and tells us to have a nice day. Wow, so glad this wasn't the kind of service I got while staying there, but I guess they figured they already got my money so it didn't matter anymore.

• Stayed September 2010
Warner Robins, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2010

Although our trip home to Ocala was for a very sad occassion, the staff was very accomodating and the hotel was beautiful. If I might I would like to make a few suggestions.
1) Either put the coffee pot in the bathroom or make sure there is a power strip so all appliances can be plugged in and you don't have to keep swapping outlets.
2) Although I don't mind reusing my bath towel, I do like a fresh washcloth each day but we were only provided w/ 3. (There were 3 of us staying in the room) even though we asked for fresh the next day they were not provided. We ended up going to Wal-Mart and purchasing our own.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
west new york, nj
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2010

Driving to Miami for cruise. Frequent Holiday Inn guest.
Its a little hard to get to as there were no signs on the highway.
Went to the hotel but was amazed to see the decor, and a middle aged gentleman greeted us and offered to help. The Front Desk Staff were extremely pleasant. The gentleman introduced himself as Joe and everyone calls him Uncle Joe, the most surprising about him was he got the elevator and directed us to the floor. He recommended the SKY restaurant whose food was excellent.
It was the best stay at any Holiday Inn I have stayed.
It was a surprise...

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
East Bridgewater, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2010

Very close to everything and beautiful too!
The beds were so comfortable that we are now going to buy new mattresses for our bed at home to match that comfort!
We were not there long enough to enjoy all the ammenities.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
kkaufmann, Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites - Ocala Conference Center, responded to this review, September 15, 2010
You have discovered why we feature a Tempur-Pedic Dreamspa matress in every room! Best wishes on your new night sleep at home, and we hope you visit us during your next visit to the area