Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites - Ocala Conference Center
Ranked #13 of 34 Hotels in Ocala
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed February 19, 2014

We usually stay in the Hilton but some one recommended the Holiday Inn. Good hotel with really friendly staff. The restaurant up stairs was really nice, although you could not eat there every night. Nice pool and on a good location for horse things

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
GMOcala, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites - Ocala Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2014

Thank you for heeding the recommendation made to you and giving us a chance to show you our brand of service. Our number one concern is to be able to give our customers an unforgettable experience. Our staff members will be happy to read that you appreciated their friendly service.

Thank you for the comment regarding the restaurant. We are always looking for ways to improve. Our pool is one of the amenities that our clients like.

We are definitely grateful that you took the time to give us your feedback regarding your stay with us and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed February 18, 2014

Had been traveling and pulled in - checked the price. It was a little high but it was raining and we were tired and knew that Holiday Inn's are usually a great place to stay. The front desk staff were pleasant. The room was clean and comfortable. This hotel didn't have the free breakfast but had a restaurant but we didn't eat there so we can't tell you how it was. It was convenient to the highway.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple

One of the things that our clients appreciate is the location and convenience of our hotel. We add value to it by doing our best to provide and cater to your needs. We are very happy that you appreciated the friendly staff members, the cleanliness of the rooms and the comfort that staying with us provides.

We are proud of the name Holiday Inn and we constantly strive to live up to the expectations of our clients and to exceed it if possible. We are excited to have you back on your next trip and hopefully get you to try our restaurant as well.

Reviewed January 30, 2014

We stayed three nights to visit family in the area. The bed was very comfortable, room clean and Diane on the front desk was great. Thought it was expensive considering breakfast was not included. A full breakfast was available (service slow) but it was not complimentary so had to add another $25 to $30 to cover the cost of breakfast.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
GMOcala, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites - Ocala Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2014

Thank you so much for choosing our Hotel and for taking the time to write such a positive review. We are elated to hear that you found the room comfortable, clean and that you were pleased with our front desk staff. Customer service and quality of amenities are top priorities for us, It is great to hear that those were appreciated and recognized during your stay. Unfortunately breakfast is not something we can offer at this time to be included in the room rate however; I will bring this point up and have it evaluated to see if any changes can be made. We appreciate your business and look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed January 28, 2014

I paid for a room with breakfast and other amenities and hotels.com put me in a different room. I had to argue with the front desk and the customer service that I had paid to stay in a room with free breakfast. The waste of time was ridiculous. Please be aware of shady policies from this website. Kudos for the front desk lady that gave us coupons for the free breakfast. The beds were excellent I must say

Room Tip: Please print the room you paid for and be careful with hotels.com
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Rodolfo G

Rodolfo, we truly appreciate you taking the time to share with us (and others) about the unfortunate situation that occurred. Although it’s hard to analyze what exactly happened in regards to Hotels.com, I am glad that our front desk staff promptly addressed the matter in the best way she knew how in order to keep you happy and satisfied. Thank you also for the kind comment about our beds. We hope to see you back very soon!

Reviewed January 11, 2014

It has been 3 and a half years since my family and I had an opportunity to stay at this hotel but since that time the hotel ( specifically the beds) have been brought up in family conversations at least 8- 10 times. If we're still talking about them it's worth writing a review. The hotel was clean upon entering and had a friendly staff. We were there for a family wedding and had rented 30 or 40 rooms, can't recall exact number but it was not less than 30. Anyway, we all went to bed that night and upon waking and meeting in the lobby there was one common conversation ...the beds. The statements went something like this... wow those were awesome beds, so comfortable, i feel so rested... I want one like that in my home...I feel so good.... no body aches....etc. If that many people felt that good then it's worth staying there just for the beds. They are Tempur- pedic brand but can anyone tell exactly which model? Please!

Room Tip: I traveled in August 2010, but this was not an option.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
GMOcala, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites - Ocala Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded January 13, 2014

It brings us great honor to hear that we have given you an impressive service to remember us by, then and now. Your wonderful feedback is truly a validation that all our hard work has paid off. We sincerely thank you for giving us inspiration; this will surely help us in ensuring that we provide our guests with the service of their liking. Your loyalty is indeed heart-warming, we couldn’t wait to see you back here very soon.

Reviewed January 7, 2014

The lighting, colors and design lines in this hotel were deeply disturbing to me. The beds had enormous hard foam pillows that were very uncomfortable. The hallway outside our room was very cold and the ac units very noisy outside our window. Not terribly clean. Friendly staff. The restaurant on top had lousy pad Thai, but good spring roll.

Stayed: January 2014
1  Thank debralondon29
GMOcala, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites - Ocala Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2014

It is our constant endeavor to provide you with a great experience to remember, and to know that we have failed to do so greatly saddens us. We are however thankful for the opportunity that you gave us to correct our shortcomings, please know that we are determined to work hard to meet your expectations. Overall cleanliness, as well as the maintenance of the facilities and amenities will be meticulously checked. We apologize for the inconvenience and the disappointment it has caused you. We hope that we may be able to change your perception of our hotel in the future, should you decide to stay with us again.

Reviewed January 1, 2014

I booked here solely because of the parking. Holiday Inn's site said the Holiday Inn Express downtown had only one more parking space than it had rooms. Since my main reason for overnighting in Ocala on my way to Tampa was to see a movie at the Ocala Drive-In Theater, I didn't want to risk getting back to the hotel after midnight and finding the parking lot full. So I booked here, the full-service Holiday Inn, at a higher rate than the HIE and even though I spent most of the evening in the drive-in.

I was awestruck when I walked into the lobby. I hadn't anticipated finding an Ocala hotel completely done in Asian decor, but I also hadn't expected to find anything so upscale. But Ocala is the center of Florida's equestrian farms and has its share of celebrity visitors, so I shouldn't be surprised that it has a hotel worthy of a major business destination.

I was assigned a corner room overlooking the front parking lot. There was practically no noise from adjacent rooms, the hallway or the atrium. The room's windows, however, were another story. Much of the sound from the parking lot filtered through; I could hear conversations of people walking from their car to the hotel as if they were in the room.

The only other minus was the signage. I'm glad I studied the hotel's location on Mapquest and Google Maps before heading out. The hotel is readily visible heading south on I-75; you're on your own once you're on the exit ramp, though. Several hotels at that exit have a large "community sign" right after you've turned off the exit ramp, go past that parking lot entrance to the next road (at the gas station), turn right and then turn right again and you'll see the hotel down the road.

On the night I stayed, at check-in members of the IHG Rewards Club received two large bottles of water with a most impressive label (if I could find that brand in the supermarket, I'd buy it) and coupons offering discounts in the bar that night and in the restaurant the next morning.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
GMOcala, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites - Ocala Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2014

Hearing your wonderful feedback following your recent stay is indeed heart-warming. Thank you so much for taking notice of the wonderful interior as well as the convenience the entire experience gave you. We take great pride on all the positive remarks you mentioned for it is our aim to work harder than hard for us to be able to meet our customer’s utmost satisfaction. You can be assured that we will meticulously check the observation you pointed out regarding visible signage’s so that we can ensure that it meets your standard should you wish to stay with us again on your next visit. We hope to see you again very soon.