“Good Overnight Stop”

Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites - Ocala Conference Center
Ranked #13 of 34 Hotels in Ocala
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed June 1, 2012

We used the hotel to break the jouney ftrom Orlando to Florida's Panhandle. Situated just off I-75 the hotel was a little tricky to spot but basically it's behind the Best Western.
Check in was very smoth and we were acknowledged as Priority Club members, room was well equiped and very clean.
We ate in the Sky Fusion Asian Restauraant which was very good & served BIG portions, be warned!
Other plus points, very freindly staff and free WIFI.
Would I stay again & recomend to a freind, yes to both.

1  Thank minstermen15
Management response:Responded June 21, 2012

Were very glad you found us! Our location is a little tricky, as we are not directly located on the main road (State Route 200), but with a group of hotels just off that road. I’m very glad that your check-in and Priority Club experience was a good one, as well as you enjoying your room accommodations.

Sky Asian Fusion wants to ensure that all their customers leave happy and satisfied, which might explain the larger portions you received. We wouldn’t want you leaving still hungry!

Thank you very much for your business and for having the confidence in our hotel that you would recommend us to your friends. We welcome you back anytime!

Reviewed May 29, 2012

Very reasonable room prices, friendly staff, recently remodeled, and clean!

Hotel has two restaurants - a high end Asian bistro on the top floor and a very reasonably priced restaurant on the first floor.

Amenities: gym, pool, laundry services, two restaurants, conference/ball rooms, laundry room, free wifi, etc.

1  Thank LittleCristy
Management response:Responded June 21, 2012

Your concise review says it all! We do very much appreciate your kind comments about our hotel and our staff. All the amenities you listed are spot on; I would just like to add that we also have an indoor whirlpool and sauna, which you might not of had the chance to enjoy while you were with us.

I’m glad you had the opportunity to experience our hotel and restaurants and we look forward to your return visit to Ocala!

Reviewed May 28, 2012

Came to Ocala for a funeral. We travel internationally using IHG. Hotel is very good. We ran into the maid on our way to breakfast and had a conversation with her about returning in an hour to dress for the funeral. Thatr was 10:00 am. She reported the room as having a do not disturb and never bothered to clean it. We came back at 8 pm to a room that wasn't made up. Called the manager the next morning to express our disappointment. She wanted tpo know what we wanted. We didn't want anything. We called to make sure this doesn't happen to anyone else. We will think twice before staying here again.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Lawtraveler084
jaswartz, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites - Ocala Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2012

I would first like to thank you for choosing to stay with our hotel and also taking the time out of your day to write a review of that stay. Your comments about the hotel being very good are greatly appreciated! I apologize that your room did not receive service for that day; there seemed to be a bit of confusion between you and housekeeping that morning.

After reviewing your situation with our Director of Housekeeping, I believe the housekeeper that you had spoken with that morning had been waiting for you to remove the “Do Not Disturb” sign from your door after you had dressed for the funeral and left the room. To respect all of our guests’ privacy, we take the “Do Not Disturb” signs very seriously. The housekeeper did check back with the room a few times, but since that sign was left on the door all day, the housekeeper was following company policy and respecting your privacy by not disturbing your room.

My apologies again for this miscommunication, and I welcome you back so we may again show you the wonderful hotel and also the top notch housekeeping that we have to offer.

Reviewed May 16, 2012

This was a surprisingly nice and artfully decorated , full service facility. The atrium setting was extra eye appealing and a player piano offered soothing music . My wife and I both found the decorations to be anything but 'tacky', as another reviewer opined. Check out the hotels photos and decide for yourself. Lobby area was comfortable, well laid out and spacious . It looked to be a perfect place to have a catered event as well. We enjoyed looking down at the lobby from our 5th floor room.
Although it was just a quick stop over, I arrived early enough to relax briefly poolside in the late afternoon and swim a few laps. Very comfortable setting.
The check in, even though we used hotwire points to book, was spot on, friendly and efficient.
Room was perfectly clean and well appointed and the temperpedic mattress took a bit of getting used to while watching TV, but offered a good nites sleep before our early departure. . We had a walk in shower in our room with good water pressure. Although the hotel is very close to I- 75, the windows are thick and I couldn't hear the traffic at all. I am a light sleeper and found that the traffic noise was VERY noticable at another ( nice) hotel we stayed at off I-75. Again, for me, it was a non issue at the Holiday Inn.
Didn't have time to partake of the tempting breakfast selections.
This facility clearly shows signs of careful attentive management and staffing.
We'd not hesitate to consider staying here on future travels and try out the Asian Fusion Restaurant which takes up the entire top floor.

1  Thank kaw54realestate

We always appreciate hearing such wonderful comments like yours. It lets us know the great job we are doing, and that we are completing our mission of making sure every guest is provided with superior service and accommodations. I thank you for sharing those comments with us and I will make sure I pass along those comments to our entire staff!

Also thank you for your kind words about our beautifully decorated and comfortable lobby where you can sit and listen to our player piano. And you are right; it is the perfect place to have a catered event. We host a lot of weddings, receptions, corporate functions and reunions that utilize our lobby and provide a beautiful ambience for these events.

Next time you’re with us I hope you have the opportunity to have one of our reasonably priced breakfasts in Cypress Shadows Café in the morning or eat at the award winning Sky Asian Fusion for dinner.

Once again, we really appreciate your positive feedback and welcome you back anytime.

Reviewed May 13, 2012

This is a very new and modern hotel. The interior is so beautiful! The rooms are big and spacious. All the beds are temperpedic, they are soo comfortable. The only downside to the room ( which was only an aesthetic problem) was when they reprinted the room they got some paint on the ceiling, a bit of paint on the carpet. There was even paint on the curtains lol
I didn't eat at the Asian restaurant on the top floor but did have breakfast in the cafe both days I was there. Very good food. You get big portions and the price is very reasonable. The waitstaff is very accommodating. When I asked what fruit they had in the fruit salad and they told me cantaloupe ( which I dont like) and I said I didn't care for it, they asked what fruits I liked and made a salad from that. Next time I am in Ocala I will be staying here.
I can't comment on the price of the rooms because I had a special group rate.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Julia G
jaswartz, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites - Ocala Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2012

Thank you very much for your kind words about our hotel and its staff. We strive to provide all of our guests with superior service and accommodations and I am glad we were able to deliver that to you.

Our hotel was built brand new just five years ago, which allows us to provide all our guests with new and modern facilities and guest rooms, which you had mentioned. Thank you for noticing our interior décor, the big and spacious size of our rooms and suites and the famous Tempur-Pedic mattresses, which we include in every room and suite.

I would also like to thank you for your kind words about Cypress Shadows Café and their breakfast service. We had made a few changes to that restaurant and I am glad to see they are paying off with great customer service and great food! I will make sure to pass on your kind comments to that staff.

I am delighted that you will be back with us during your next trip to Ocala. We look forward to your arrival!

Reviewed May 7, 2012 via mobile

My wife, two small boys and I have stayed here several times. It's not the Trump, but pretty good for Ocala. We stay here when I go home to visit my family in Florida. I'm very familiar with the area, but due to the hotels location you dont have to be. It's pretty close to shopping and lots of shopping on Hwy 200.

On our last trip we actually got a two room suite and were pleasantly surprised. We had good stays each of times there, with no major problems. Nothing is perfect and you realize that you should have an enjoyable stay

• Stayed: May 2012
1  Thank CB6699
jaswartz, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites - Ocala Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded May 10, 2012

We at the Holiday Inn and Suites – Ocala Conference Center love being you and your families home away from home, and I thank you for having the confidence and trust in us to play that role.

I am glad you had the opportunity to rent one of our double queen suites during your stay. These are definitely spacious and afford families like yours lots of room, especially with the young ones running around! Also thank you for noticing our great location, which sits right next to I-75 with plenty of food and shopping options within a mile, including our award winning restaurant Sky Asian Fusion, which is within the hotel!

Thank you for your continued business and we look forward to your return trip to Ocala!

Reviewed May 2, 2012

This place has a decor that is just plain TACKY!...Like I was in a horror show at an amusement park. The restaurant is hot and stuffy, terrible service, could care less if you were waiting or not attitude; Food was cold; The rooms were dirty and stuffy, like the restaurant; Forget about wireless, it's very unreliable; got stuck in the elevator, door would not open, 30 minutes later, a "technician" got me out, not an apology, no eye contact at all, just went on his way;the front desk was rude and, like the restaurant, could care less. I had to stay here on business, unfortunately, but fortunately for only one night. What kind of taste do the people have that think this place is great? They must not travel at all. There are plenty of other hotels within walking distance to this one, STAY AT ONE OF THOSE! I am a priority club member and have stayed at many Holiday Inns in the U.S. and Canada and this is the worst managed facility and substandard.

Room Tip: Stay at another hotel
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Nancy T

Thank you for taking the time to share your review about our hotel. It is our goal to consistently provide superior service and accommodations and I apologize that you felt that we did not provide that to you. Feedback like this enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure that we are providing all our guests with the superior service and accommodations that they deserve.

I do wish, however, that you would of brought your issues up with a member of our management team while you were with us so we could of addressed the situations at that point and tried to help make your stay as pleasurable as possible.

Next time you are in our area, I hope you will give us another opportunity to show you the superior customer service and accommodations, as well as the award winning restaurant which our hotel is known for.