“Quiet Stroll”

4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Quiet Stroll”
Reviewed August 24, 2012

I had a homework assignment that required I go to Appleton Museum. To my surprise I really enjoyed it. I am not much of a museum type person but I find myself anted to go back and just quietly stroll the halls again. I guess I appreciate the art so much more as an adult, and museums aren't how I remembered them when my parents would drag me :) Nice place to go for a day trip, specially on a rainy day.

Visited August 2012

Hernando, Florida
“Saw Princess Di's Dresses”
Reviewed August 21, 2012

Went to the Appleton Museum with 5 of my friends, to see Di's gowns and they where beautiful. To be able to get close enough to to see each bead was fantastic. The work that went into the gowns is unbeliveable.. Also had English tea , was a plesant day out for all of us.

Ocala, Florida
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Love the museum”
Reviewed July 22, 2012

We love going to the Appleton Museum in Ocala. My children have also attended the summer camp art programs. We have been very pleased with the summer camp program this year- 2012- it is excellent! Impressed with this gem in our small community and looking forward to it becoming more "kid friendly" in the future. We love Art and find it tobe a very important part of raising educated and cultured children! A must see!

Visited July 2012
Florida
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Masterful Collection”
Reviewed July 9, 2012

The Appleton Museum has a wonderful collection, well displayed and eclectic. From Mayan pottery to Japanese bronze statuary, African folk art to noted artists, Dupre, Remington, and Bergere, there is much to see. The grounds are lovely and the admission price is very reasonable. The gift shop was lacking mid-priced commemoratives that can usually be found. The escalator is non-operational so when one finishes viewing the second floor exhibits, one must walk all the way back to the elevator or stairs on the other side of the museum.

Visited July 2012
Puerto Morelos, Mexico
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Appleton Museum, Ocala”
Reviewed May 25, 2012

Wonderful precolumbian collection and terrific temporary shows. Inexpensive admission and no crowds. Check for special entertainment evenings and days.

Visited May 2012