I'm giving this a high rating because the rooms were priced so well -- and we had three, at $81 each. If we had paid more, I would have given it a much lower rating. The property is more updated than what might be expected from this price point. The rooms are well equipped (coffee maker, microwave, refrigerator, etc.) and the decor is updated. The property is in a convenient location, just off the interstate, and within walking distance to a Cracker Barrel and a barbecue place. The staff is very friendly and helpful. We were traveling with six adults, so we booked three rooms.
The reason I'm not giving it a higher rating: same as other posts. There is a noise issue -- the walls are thin, and you can hear the TV in an adjacent room. One room in our party (on the second floor) had to call the front desk because of a child misbehaving in the hall. The front desk manager tried to address the matter, but when she left the kid continued to yell and run up and down the hall.
Another problem is what was mentioned in another post: hot/cold air. The AC either runs very hot or very cold, and is noisy to boot. And, I'd recommend bringing your own pillow. The pillows were all European-sized, and were uncomfortable. With an extra blanket, the air turned low, and your own pillow you should be comfortable -- if your neighbor cooperates by staying quiet!
Breakfast is ok. The lady tending to the room is very nice. Options are typical -- enough to get you back on the road. Summary: those who work here are doing a great job with a well-priced property that needs air conditioning and sound barrier work.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Sleep Inn & Suites Ocala - Belleview is conveniently located off of I-75 (exit # 341) and Highway 484. This Green Certified and Gold Award winning hotel is situated adjacent to the Don Garlits Museum of Drag Racing. Local area attractions include Ocala Equestrian Center, Florida Greenways, Florida Horse Park, Florida Horse and Carriage Museum, Rainbow Springs, KP hole, and Belleview Santos Bike Trail. This hotel is also in close proximity to Belleview, Marion Oaks, Summer Glen and Dunnellon. This smoke-free hotel offers a free daily deluxe continental breakfast. The Sleep Inn also offers free wired and wireless internet throughout the hotel, fitness center (treadmill, elliptical and bike), free weekday Wall Street Journal newspaper, outdoor heated pool, business center, and guest laundry. All Guest rooms feature HBO/ESPN/CNN, irons, ironing boards, hairdryers, coffeemakers, refrigerators, and microwaves. Designated pet friendly rooms are also available upon request. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com and Choice Hotels so you can book your Sleep Inn & Suites Ocala - Belleview reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sleep Inn And Suites Ocala - Belleview
- Sleep Inn & Suites Ocala - Belleview Hotel Ocala
- Sleep Inn Ocala
- Sleep Inn Hotel Ocala
- Ocala Sleep Inn