“Just OK . . .”

Bob Evans
Ranked #62 of 497 Restaurants in Ocala
Cuisines: American
Reviewed December 28, 2013

Mid-morning on a weekday, the service - although there seemed to be no shortage of personnel - was slow. The bacon was crisp and tasty; the flapjacks just ordinary. Hot, but not much on flavor. The coffee just average. And, of course, there were "regulars" that seemed to get greater attention.

Reviewed December 20, 2013

The menu at all Bob Evans is extensive - and the chicken pot pie almost never disappoints! Was very good at this restaurant, with a generous tasty crust and a surprising amount of carrots. Liked having a selection of seasonal breads offered with the meal, beyond the basic biscuits or corn bread. We had the pumpkin bread, and while a little underdone it was tasty, seasoned just right and actually tasted like pumpkin. The service was not great - change of shift, so attention was lacking. Asked for water with no ice, but was delivered iced anyway. Conveniently located near most of the local hotels, and I-75.

Reviewed November 18, 2013

We went there for breakfast and the thing that stood out the most was the wonderful, friendly service. The manager (or shift supervisor - he seated us and walked the restaurant) was very polite and helpful. The server was sweet as could be and struck up a conversation with my parents since they were new to town. The cashier was attentive and polite. I was really pleased. And the food was very good and reasonably priced. I had their biscuits and gravy, which was a generous portion and came with hashbrowns. I asked for a scrambled egg on the side which they were able to handle no problem (I'm shocked at how this same request throws other restaurants off). My folks had pancakes, eggs, bacon and a few other things and said they were also happy with their meal. Easy to get to, and you can see it right off the main road. Plenty of parking. They also offer carryout. Plenty of booths and tables to choose from. I was really pleased with my experience.

Reviewed October 26, 2013

We have eaten at Bob Evans from Michigan, to Florida. The food is always very good, the service is quick and good. Not much ever changes at Bob Evans.

Reviewed October 4, 2013

Pancakes were hot when I got them and wife's raved about her pot pie. When we got ready to leave we asked them about how much to fill our large coffee mugs for the road and the check out gal filled them, gave us cream and sugar, plus a spoon to stir them up and charged us nothing. Great deal, good food, and free coffee. Life's good.