“Good Food”

Bob Evans
Ranked #59 of 489 Restaurants in Ocala
Cuisines: American
Reviewed October 4, 2013

Pancakes were hot when I got them and wife's raved about her pot pie. When we got ready to leave we asked them about how much to fill our large coffee mugs for the road and the check out gal filled them, gave us cream and sugar, plus a spoon to stir them up and charged us nothing. Great deal, good food, and free coffee. Life's good.

There are newer reviews for Bob Evans

Reviewed September 19, 2013

I try to drop in on this restaurant whenever I'm in Ocala to visit my mother who lives in a nearby retirement village. Mum, who can be fussy, likes the food and is there often enough for the staff to recognise her. They are friendly and, for the most part, efficient. And it's hard not to like a place where you can have breakfast all day. The ability to have a small snack size meal or a humongous feed is another reason to like Bob Evans. And the prices are excellent too. Repeated visits also allow me to see if the restaurant is consistent in the quality and taste of its food. I'm happy to report that the food is consistently good. I've tried most things here, from the soups and salads, to the chickens and steaks and the desserts. A special that permits three choices for a fixed low price should satisfy big hunger pangs and the sides are generous. I'm not a fan of biscuits (I'm a bread roll and butter man) but I must say that the ones on offer here are nice; tasty and not too stodgy. Being a family restaurant, alcohol is not served but the drinks selection is fine.

Reviewed September 18, 2013

Don't miss the chicken and noodles soup! This is the best chicken soup I've ever eaten. The salad was fresh and tasty.

Reviewed August 28, 2013

I always enjoy a chance to eat breakfast at Bob Evans. I have learned to count on their food being consistently good, and I believe their biscuits are the best in town. This month my husband went with me and enjoyed their pancakes (something I never eat).

Reviewed August 14, 2013

This place is very popular with seniors redeeming their 2 for 1 meal coupons. The wait staff is spread thin, overwhelmed by the number of tables they are serving. The food is mediocre at best. They seem to know that they are serving to the senior crowd who will accept less than acceptable food and service as long as they can redeem their 2 for 1 meal coupon. If this is the type of atmosphere you like to dine in, go for it. I went here with my senior parents who redeemed their 2 for 1 meal coupon. I wouldn't return here without them.