“Pleasantly surprised”

Harry's Seafood Bar and Grille
Ranked #4 of 498 Restaurants in Ocala
Good for: Special occasions, Bar scene, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Thank you for visiting Harry's Seafood Bar & Grille! A distinctively different menu, the food of Harry's Seafood Bar and Grille captures the essence of a city not only known worldwide as the birthplace of Jazz but also the birthplace of a unique style of cooking. We've taken the best of Cajun, Creole and Southern flavors infused with a current day twist to create some of our most popular dishes like Shrimp and Scallop Orleans, Grilled Chicken Baton Rouge, Crab Crusted Blackened Red Fish, Bourbon Street Salmon and French Quarter Beef Tenderloin to name a few.
Reviewed February 24, 2013 via mobile

We decided to have lunch at this restaurant simply because it was the only one open at lunch time on a Sunday. I was skeptical about it when I walked in as I am not a fan of dark restaurants but the food soon made me forget about the ambiance. I tried three of their side dishes and they were all phenomenal; smashed potatoes, beans and rice and the seasoned rice. The mahi was good not great. They also serve bread with garlic butter which is very tasty. Our server was very polite and efficient. Overall a great experience.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,303)

Reviewed February 21, 2013

Nice atmosphere and outstanding Crawfish Etouffe. Also, try the grilled Tilapia and Fried Shrimp. Not much to do in Ocala, but this was a highlight.

Reviewed February 19, 2013

Calamari got raves as a shared appetizer. Since New Oleans is home to family and a frequent destination our expectations were high. The chicken dish was "dried out", the pork was " overly seasoned" and the seafood was "sparse". The service was great and the place was packed,maybe "happy hour bar items" helped.

1  Thank Jane T
Reviewed February 7, 2013

I expected a wait and slow service but it was practically non-existent. One of my favorite dishes was removed from the menu but still on the to-go menu so I asked if it could still be ordered, was told yes but when I received the meal the recipe was horribly changed. Wish I had gone to Mark's when I saw the staff standing around talking while tables were waiting to be cleared.

1  Thank Kymsicle
Reviewed February 4, 2013

We were recommended by the front desk staff at the Red Roof Inn to stop here for a nice dinner. We walked in at 5:30 on a Friday after a long day of mountain biking at Santos and were starving. The place was packed so hopped up at the bar and were told that during happy hour it was 2 for 1 drinks on any liquor, wine or beer! They then gave us the early bird dinner menu which went on until 6:00. We ordered two cocktails, the Shrimp & Scallops with succotash and the Chicken Joline with fried grit cakes plus a salad with amazing blue cheese dressing to split.

We spend 1/2 of what we would have normally and had a truly delicious dinner out. We would go back in a heartbeat and will stop here for a special on our last night in Ocala every visit!!

1  Thank romarosie