“Chicken Gyros / Souvlaki YES,,, Mossaka Not so much!!!”

Laki's Greek Restaurant & Pizza
Ranked #89 of 493 Restaurants in Ocala
Cuisines: Greek, Italian, Pizza
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Reviewed April 12, 2013

My wife and I ate here earlier this month. Typically we get chicken gyro / souvlaki, which is always great! However, this time I ordered Moussaka, and it should've been caled "more sucka". It tasted like it was frozen and or was sitting around forever. It was luke-warm and mushy! I am of the opinon, especially nowadays, that you should make all food fresh or as close to fresh as you can. If not, then don't serve it / have it on the menu. Remember that with the advent of this website and others (yelp, urban spoon, etc....), reviews online are huge for your establishment. Now, the waitress was very nice. I told her as we paid my dish was cold and she seemed receptive about my complaints. With that, I will go back; however, I will not have anything else aside from Chicken gyro / souvlaki....

1  Thank D K

Reviewed March 8, 2013

Most likely some of the best and worst service I have ever see. On News years eve, on the way home from a trip/visit, we stopped there for dinner, about 7pm not late, we were almost forgotten, the place was almost empty, the I guess owner was there, they did not seem to care whether I was there or not, not even a Happy New year, or thanks for dining with us.

1  Thank Terry W
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Great food, and family service, this little hidden gem is a place you need to check out.
The greek music, the gyros, spanokopitas and hummus....OPA!!

Reviewed December 20, 2012

This is one of my favorite places to swing into for lunch in Ocala. The food is great and the prices aren't bad either. Most of all I enjoy eating at mom and pop type places like this, that offer great service and food. Yum!

2  Thank jessica s
Reviewed December 11, 2012

By far our favorite local Greek restaurant. We have loved Laki's for years. The family is wonderful, friendly and committed to good, quality food. the environment is nice and cozy with traditional Greek music in the background. The gyro's are to die for and the greek salad done in a Laki's sort of take. The portions are well worth the cost:) Highly recommended

1  Thank ocalalawyer