“Good times”

Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed March 23, 2014

Was taken here by my parents when I visited them with my family. I really enjoyed the whole experience with them. Liked the food and the show on preparing my food was very good. Since you can sit with strangers it is a good place just to meet other people and laugh. My youngest Daughter was in awe with the cooks! This is a good night out.

Reviewed January 24, 2014

I'm not surprised they are closed. Last time we were there my feet stuck to the floor in the stinky bathroom. A roach crawled across our table and when I complained the server looked at me like I had 2 heads and the sushi we ordered actually fell apart before I could get it into my mouth. Terrible all the way around.

5  Thank Joan J
Reviewed November 12, 2013

We have eaten at Tony's SEVERAL times in the past. We do like it. Stan is our favorite chef at the Hibachi grill but we haven't seen him in a while. Very funny and I love his laugh.

Servers are usually very attentive and nice. Menu choices are great and they are even willing to make sushi that is not on the menu if know it by name. Food is always good. I have never been disappointed.

This last time eating at Tony's though, we were placed at a table where the chef was VERY new. It took him FOREVER to cook our food. By the time my friend got her chicken, she was done with the rest of her food. He definitely needs more training on his timing. Also he dropped this utensils several times while doing the show. I'm glad he wasn't throwing around knives!!!! I was burned on my arm from splattering oil when he failed to cut up the onion volcano and it burst. The show was horrible and scary. Most adventurous meal I have ever had.

With that being said. We will give Tony's Sushi another try but they do need to work on their customer service a bit.

Reviewed October 1, 2013 via mobile

I'm not sure what all the hype about this place is. The menu is basic and while they have off menu specials the one's we tried were so special. The sushi / saahimi combo while not a generius portion of fish did come on a gaudy decorated plate with with LED light that changes colors. The wait staff was very good and friendly but the whole experience seemed rushed. Maybe this is because It's very noisy with techno music blaring to compete with the din of an overly crowded dining room. The price for 2 with 2 drinks was $75 which is pretty standard. They did have Hibachi grills which seemed to be the main draw but menu for this was usual and customary standard. Chefs looked creative though and interactive with diners.
We probably won't go back and we likes a more relaxed place for meals at this price.

1  Thank Truetofact
Reviewed August 27, 2013

Been several times and always good food and service. They do have specials and forget the name but with friends we will get the ones that come in a boat. It is a lot but well worth it to try a few new things. My nephew lost his wallet there and it was returned fully intact. Thanks Tony's Sushi.