“" Good & Steady "”

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed August 24, 2013

This is one of our regular spots to eat, when we come to Ocala for the horse sales...they continually put out a great product, from a large selection, for reasonable $ ....the service is always quick & friendly & we will definitely return.

Reviewed August 5, 2013

Great food & amazing drinks. The fajita quesidilla was great and the pina collada frozen was perfect. I cant wait to visit Ocala to go there again.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

The Staff did not speak Spanish - I found that Odd at a Mexican Restaurant. I ordered Pechugas a La Plancha, and the waitress had to come back three times to ask me how to spell it even though it was on the menu of the restaurant SHE works at. Maybe she never heard it pronounced? We were charged for our second refill of soda, and she forgot to put in the order for my two year old's food. I wasn't impressed and have had much better service elsewhere. Will not be returning, even though we're in Ocala about once a month for my son's soccer tournaments.

1  Thank soccermom3234j
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Have eaten here many times. The service is wonderful . They have new plates that hold your tacos upright so they don't get soggy. You can get coupons from a coupon book that comes out monthly. We go,to,the one in silver springs.

Reviewed June 11, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I visited the Ocala location while on a quick getaway. We both ordered house margaritas, and they were served in large glasses. The flavor was delightful, not too sweet, not too tart. Complimentary chips and salsa was served while we perused the menu. The chips were fairly standard, yet I was a bit let down by the salsa. I expect a house salsa to be colorful and full of flavor. The flavor was decent, with a light kick, but there was no color...just plain red salsa. My wife ordered the beef chimichanga while I ordered a combination plate: burrito, enchilada, and chalupa. The 99 cent upcharge for shredded chicken was worth it. I also ordered a side of Spanish rice. Unfortunately, my side of rice never made it to the table, yet it was on the bill.
The presentation of both plates was well put together. Very colorful and hot out of the oven. Each dish came with a side of sour cream and guacamole. I am a huge fan of good guacamole, and this was one of the creamiest and smoothest guacs I've had. The flavors blended together perfectly, and I was sure to clean my plate as well as my wife's.
in the event that we are looking for quality Mexican fare on our next trip to Ocala, we'll be sure to make a return visit to El Toreo!