“Just Average”

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed November 20, 2012

We were in Ocala for a youth regional football tournament and were staying near El Toreo on SW 36th Ave. Apparantly, there are a couple locations in Ocala. The restaurant had the typical Tex Mex look and was clean. The server was attentive and very nice; he refilled our glasses before they were anywhere near empty. Chips and salsa were good, as was the cheese dip we ordered. We split beef fajitas which would have been great except for the lack of beef on the skillet. The grilled onions and peppers were delicious and I enjoyed my fajitas. It would have been nice if there was enjoy beef included to round out the taste. Prices were reasonable. I would have rated El Toreo good to very good if they hadn't scrimped on the meat.

1  Thank John-from-Florida

Reviewed October 25, 2012

I've been to this restaurant several times and the food is always good. Prices are reasonable and the service was good as well.

Reviewed October 17, 2012

We have been here several times. We love what they do for birthdays. The service is good and so is the food. If you like cheeze their white queso is amazing.

Reviewed October 15, 2012

Mexican american cuisine served in large portions. We had a group of 15, William was our waiter.With 15 people he provided on the spot service. We had the special birthday package for our 8 year old, $10, worth it, lots of fun. There are many meals at $10 and there are several good 2 for 1 drink specials, especially the Margaritas, All of the staff from the greeter to the assistants were pleasant and contributed to a good dining experience.

Reviewed October 5, 2012

I only had the buffalo wings. They are hot, sweet, spicy, but not over hot. The taste was about the best I've ever had and I eat lots of wings in lots of different places.