“Return visit”

Cuisines: Indian, Pakistani
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed May 21, 2014 via mobile

Second visit and not disappointed.
The dinner for 2 is decent value and a chance to try a couple of different curries.
Taste was good and portion reasonable.
The naan was particularly good.
The appetizers were just ok, nothing special. The samosa was a little dry.
Will be returning though in due course.

1  Thank Basil41

Reviewed May 18, 2014

I look for Indian restaurants wherever I travel, because they are few and far between where I live now. I am so glad I found this place in Ocala. Great food, nice service, nice atmosphere. I ordered too much because I wanted to try everything from appetizer (vegetable samosas) to dessert (kulfee). The samosas came with sweet onion chutney instead of the tamarind sauce and mint chutney I'm used to, but it was fine, and I don't even like onions! I think you can order other sauces for additional cost. My chicken curry was fine. The only off note is that I had a view of the bar, which had one of those huge blue tequila bottles in the shape of an automatic rifle. I'm sure the same bottle can be found in many restaurants, I just didn't enjoy looking at it while I was eating a great meal.

1  Thank shelbyduncan
Reviewed May 5, 2014 via mobile

Ocala was our stop on the way to Disney. We wanted something different from the usual choices ; Olive Garden and red lobster.
Emrit Palace did not disappointe us.
The staff was very friendly and helpful. The food was roll your eyes up delicious !
We got the dinner for two, which was more than enough and gave us the opportunity to try several different items.
We got everything medium spicy and that was perfect. If you don't like spicy go for mild, if you like tobacco hot go for the medium and if you like habanero hot then go for the hottest.
Our least favorite dish was dessert. It was a warm fried ball with honey sauce. After the spicy meal I would have liked some of the mango ice cream. I'm sure they would have given me some if I asked. We were so full , we really didn't need any dessert.
I highly recommend Emrit Palace and I'm sure it will become a regular stop for us

Reviewed April 15, 2014

This is the only place to go in Ocala when your craving good Indian food. I love it. Family owned and operated and the people always are willing to explain anything on the menu. I like it hot and the curry lamb dish is my favorite. I Definitely recommend Amrit.

Reviewed April 3, 2014

My husband and I ordered vegetable samosas, nan, and chicken curry and aloo gobi (potatoes and cauliflower). The nan was delicious and both the chicken curry and aloo gobi had a delicious flavor. We have been to many Indian restaurants all over the world and we also cook Indian food. We feel that the flavoring that was used in both the chicken and vegetable dishes we had were exceptionally delicious. I wish I knew their secret. The rice which came with the meal was also very good. I didn't care for the potatoes filling of the samosa, and the pie crusty taste of the dough. All in all, I recommend this restaurant highly.