“Delicious flavor”

Cuisines: Indian, Pakistani
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed April 3, 2014

My husband and I ordered vegetable samosas, nan, and chicken curry and aloo gobi (potatoes and cauliflower). The nan was delicious and both the chicken curry and aloo gobi had a delicious flavor. We have been to many Indian restaurants all over the world and we also cook Indian food. We feel that the flavoring that was used in both the chicken and vegetable dishes we had were exceptionally delicious. I wish I knew their secret. The rice which came with the meal was also very good. I didn't care for the potatoes filling of the samosa, and the pie crusty taste of the dough. All in all, I recommend this restaurant highly.

Reviewed March 25, 2014

The notorious lunch bunch met this afternoon at Amrit Palace (It's closed on Mondays) so, today! Was not sure what I was getting in to. Last time I had lamb it was pretty bad. I should not have listened to my fears. Service was WONDERFUL, we had no longer sat down, the waiter took our orders, he hadn't disappeared yet when the soup was delivered - very good - added a little chutney to boost the flavor, even better! I had lamb Curry, as we all did - terrific! Cubes with spice flavor curry sauce, served with a cup of dal soup, 1/2 nan bread, rice and onion chutney.

We'll be back! WOW

Dinners

Reviewed March 17, 2014

We love Indian food and have always had difficulty finding great Indian food restaurants. Then we read about Amrit Palace in Ocala…. We decided to give it a try on this past weekend… Wow!! The food was great! Fresh and authentic. We had Veg samosas and papadoms with various chutney for appetizers. All of it was great and I esp loved the mint chutney. Then we had Chicken Curry (medium spice) and veg Biryani for entrees. Again it was lovely! The curry perfect consistency and spice. This was nice change from other places that tend to get it too greasy. Also the chicken was very tender so we know it was cooked nice and slow for long time in the curry. The Naan bread was homemade and fantastic. I wanted to eat a lot more but just had no more room. The hot chai tea was also great. Service was attentive and very professional. The atmosphere of restaurant - very very clean and quiet enough to talk and lovely decor. Location - perfect - right off main road not far from freeway. We are going back for sure!! The price of the meal was very good - I would have expected to pay more and would have gladly. I also noticed that in the back they had a private room entrance - like for larger groups….

Reviewed March 4, 2014

This is in my opinion is the best restaurant in Ocala. If you are unfamiliar with Indian Cuisine this is a great place to start. Amrit has been in business in Ocala for many years actually coming from a long successful restaurant experience in South Florida under a different name. This experience has given them a depth of knowledge about their Western clientele in appropriately preparing their dishes to be acceptable to Western tastes without loosing any of the authenticity in seasoning and taste. Fans of Indian cuisine drive from all over to come and eat here. Even UF students from Gainesville come here frequently. Lunch is always more moderate in cost compared to the dinner menu.

Reviewed March 4, 2014

Amrit is consistently very good and sometimes excellent. The soups, either vegetable or lentil, are savory and worth adding to any meal. A large variety of Indian breads and papadam are available. Entree servings are large and accompanied by white rice in abundance. I am not an expert on Indian cuisine, but the food served is satisfying and flavorful. The kitchen has been extremely accommodating for special requests. Hospitality and cleanliness are high. It is one of a handful of restaurants in Marion County which my wife will patronize. It is superior to Indian restaurants I have tried in major urban areas. My wife and I have eaten there many times.