“De'lish”

Abios Italian Restaurant & Pizzeria
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed May 20, 2013

Food is excellent. Staff is personable and friendly. Everything smells great and great variety on the salad bar. Great value for your money.

Reviewed May 6, 2013

My wife and I had a really good dinner experience at Abios, we read some of the reviews here and decided to give it a try. We were very pleased and will return the next time we are in Ocala. The food was hot and delicious, fast service, the salad was fresh, and had a very nice conversation with big Al, he told us the history of Abios. A family restaurant were everything is home made.

2  Thank Raed E
Reviewed April 20, 2013

AL has been around for 30+ years. No better Pizza in Ocala. The Calazones are a must have. It is a true mom and pop place. the best pizza is large with extra cheeze, pepperoni, italian and regular sasauge and mushrooms. BE sure to ask for the joke of the day

Reviewed April 4, 2013

While we waited for our Abio's special pizza, (thanks for putting all the anchovies on MY side of the pizza, where I wanted them!), we heard the locals chat about basketball and movies. This small pizzeria has a local feel, but we were welcomed and thoroughly enjoyed the place as well as the very cheesy (in only the best sense) pizza.

1  Thank SORBA1
Reviewed March 28, 2013

It is simply because the food is really that good.

Why not?

Al just received the vote for best pizza in Ocala and has been making pies here since 1979. He makes other things too that are delicious and filling. Abio's calzones are legendary and the antipasto salad is meant to be shared.

We ordered a medium pepperoni pizza for my 15 year old eating machine, aka: my son, a medium super special for me and my wife and an antipasto salad to boot.

The salad was extremely tasty, I had not had Peperoncini peppers in much too long.The portion was huge and even splitting the salad in two, we had leftovers for the next day.

The pizzas were perfectly cooked and we had to wait to let the pies cool a bit before serving.

You can have a beer, glass of wine, grab a coke, share stories with one special other in the cozy booths or laugh up a storm with your larger group.

However, to note, the dining area is not big, nor is the restaurant, which makes for a more personal experience, the authentic.

The atmosphere is a treasure. This is the original mom and pop pizza place. Al tells some awesome jokes, your welcome there and with your spirits lifted, you can leave feeling full and with a smile on your face... I know I did!