“Terry's puts the Grease in Greasy Spoon.”
Review of Terry's Place

Terry's Place
Ranked #122 of 482 Restaurants in Ocala
Good for: Bar scene, Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Takeout
Summerfield, Florida
“Terry's puts the Grease in Greasy Spoon.”
Reviewed February 15, 2013

Four of us went to lunch here after reading the reviews. One always needs another good hamburger joint. We ordered various varieties of hamburgers. We also ordered appetizers of Fried Okra and Mushrooms. The okra was properly cooked and quite tasty. The mushrooms were overcooked to the point that when spearing one with a fork the breading would shatter. They were served in a wax paper lined. woven plastic basket and the bottom layer of each was laying in a nice pool of oil and were so greasy they could not be eaten. Terry's bakes all their bread including the hamburger buns. The buns were large and heavy; very dense. The hamburgers were half pounders but were wide and thin which makes them easy to overcook and become dry and were thus no match for the heavy bun. I took the top of my bun off just so I could taste the burger. The wait staff was prompt, efficient and friendly; they were the bright spot in our lunch. The prices are very reasonable. I probably will not be going back.

• Visited February 2013

Ocala
“HUGE portions; great prices”
Reviewed February 2, 2013

Not much atmosphere but for the price and the amount of food you get, who cares about atmosphere, especially in this economy. My husband and I have been there a few times - if it was closer, we'd be there more often - and have never been disappointed. My husband said that the T-bone steak was the best he's had. You almost need 3 hands to hold the hamburger!

Visited March 2012
silver springs
“Scary experience”
Reviewed January 31, 2013

Food was good, but drug dealing going on outback. Called owner he said he would take care of it. So we haven't been back. The druggies seriously looked like Mafia. This did happen out on the back porch. I was with a group of 5 and two of them are in their 30's and said let's get out of here it was that obvious. Food is reasonably priced with large portions.

Jalisco, Mexico
“"Lots of great food, little cash"”
Reviewed January 11, 2013

One would never stop at this out of the way place without either a coupon or a recommendation. It looks like a dive from the outside and not a lot better on the inside. But, since we had a coupon, we decided to try it around 3 pm for a late lunch. The parking lot was full but the question became were there so many people there because of the bar or the restaurant? I can unequivacally say it was for the food.

The weather was perfect so we sat outside on the wooden picnic tables in the fenced in area. The menu was quite large with appetizers, salads, sandwiches, subs, wings, burgers, and dinners. It was a hard decision with so many appealling sounding items to choose from. We decided to start with an order of fried mushrooms ($4.99) followed by a grilled chicken sandwich with cheese and mushrooms for my wife ($6.99) and I got the fried fish dinner ($7.50).

The mushrooms were breaded and fried perfecrtly and accompanied by a ranch dressing. There had to be at least twenty whole mushrooms in that basket. The chicken sandwich was large and did not skimp on either the cheese or the mushrooms. The salad that came with my meal was so large that the waitress automatically brought a second bowl for my wife and I to share and we still each had more salad than comes with most meals at a typical restaurant. The rolls that came with it were delicious and we understand that all the bread, rolls, hamburger buns are baked fresh daily right on the premises. There were two large fish fillets, lightly battered, so the flavor of the fish was not lost and roughly twenty good sized onion rings, enough for me to give my wife half of them. We both took half our meals home for the next day. Drinks were reasonable too with coffee at $1.15 each, including refills.

The people sitting next to us say they drive 25 miles to eat at Terry's Place at least twice a week. The woman says she always get the half steak sub which, when it came, was a good six inches long and loaded with so much meat she could not close it. Her friend had an order of hicken nuggets and a basket of fries that together could easily serve two or three people and her other friend had the one pound burger. The portions are so large that the restaurant keeps to go boxes conveniently close to the door.

Everything we had was outstanding and Terry's Place will definitely be our "go to" place whenever we are in Ocala.

• Visited January 2013
Ocala, Florida
“A lil. scary walking in, But You Won't regret it!”
Reviewed December 23, 2012

This is what fancy sports bars were designed from. Not a dive not a pub, nor a restaurant. This is a place in a hard working class area real blue collar that work there tails off and eat like a horse as well as toss back a few beer. We order the half sub and small fries for to healthy adults who like food a lot! The quality is great and the size is huge the price is low! The people are as fine as you could hope to know.

• Visited October 2012