“I can't recommend”

Ranked #24 of 34 Hotels in Ocala
Indianapolis, Indiana
“I can't recommend”
Reviewed March 1, 2013

This place was probably a 1950's Holiday Inn (based on design and layout)..............now it is a poor excuse for a place to be called an inn, We paid $139.00 for a room that was the equivalent of some $30.00 a night places we have stayed at.

Why did we pay that much and stay there??? We had been on the road for a long day and had checked several places only to find them full.......our choice was to take what was available or continue stopping at places that were full. We now know why this place had rooms available.

I inquired about a ground level room when checking in.......I was told that I could be "upgraded" for an additional $10.00!!!

And, their "breakfast" was deplorable............my wife peeled a hard-boiled egg and I would not let her eat it.............the egg was shades of light brown and yellow. The coffee was terrible...........we quickly gave up and moved on.

Upon checkout I commented to the manager about the price ................his response was that it was due to the "time of the year"................what a dishonest, gouging, place this is in our opinions.

Room Tip: Stay elsewhere
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
5 Thank gold-vintner

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Reviewed February 11, 2013

My husband and I stayed one night and will never ever stay again. We expected a room that was worth the $90 we were extremely disappointed. The room smelled like crap! I took one of the pillow cases off and was grossed out with the slobber and God knows what else stains on the pillow protector. There were cracks in the walls and all around the bottom of the bathroom wall, the towels were old and scratchy and not enough towels. The bedding is old and gross, the beds and pillows are old and gross. I was petrified to look under the sheets. To top it all off there was no inside privacy lock on the door and in the morning the cleaning lady walked in me and I had just gotten out of the shower,(she did knock and I said "We are still here!", but I guess she didn't hear me!!), all I could do was cover what I could and my face with embarrassment. That was very upsetting. I didn't complain at the front desk because I was so embarrassed. Point blank the worst experience of my life. Don't let the front of this establishment fool you it was no better than one of those shady $29.99 rooms!!!! Disgusted,Disappointed and Embarrassed!!!!!

• Stayed February 2013
6 Thank jleebeen

Travelers are raving about these Ocala hotels

Blairstown, New Jersey
Reviewed February 10, 2013

Got here took the upgrade which ment a flat screen tv. Pool was full of dirt. They had a tiki bar that hasn't been used in years. Breakfast was stale donuts or English muffins. Staff was pleasent but for $99 plus tax we could have stayed at the Hampton inn. If they put some time into maintaing they property it could be as they advertise.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Tallahassee, Florida
Reviewed February 3, 2013

We were passing through Ocala headed to South FL from Tallahassee after a late start and decided to crash. Somehow every hotel in the city was booked solid. Hampton Inn folks recommended this hotel. Because of their availability and our previous experiences with hotels we totally expected it to be a dump. We were very surprised to find that this is a great hotel. Our room was very clean, the bed very comfortable and an excellent shower with great pressure. I found the staff to be extremely courteous and helpful and the rates were very reasonable. Would definitely recommend it to others.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Lexington, Kentucky
Reviewed January 25, 2013

I highly recommend this hotel. The people were very friendly and helpful.
The room are very clean and well kept.
I would return to this hotel with out any hesitation rather it was a vacation or business trip.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 16, 2013 via mobile

Very Nice Room, Great Service. The Place to stay if in Ocala. 45.99 a night didn't hurt either. Clean and Comfortable. Any time I come back to Ocala I will stay here. May upgrade to the Jacuzzi suite next.

• Stayed January 2013
Clearwater, Florida
Reviewed January 10, 2013

This hotel is wonderful ! I was given a cozy, quiet room, with a fireplace and flat screen TV both on/in the wall. The decor was charming and the bed was comfortable and clean. They even served real cream and real butter at the continental breakfast, which I always appreciate when travelling. The staff was friendly and helpful. I felt well taken care of. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends