“THE RAT HOTEL”

Ranked #26 of 34 Hotels in Ocala
ocala
“THE RAT HOTEL”
Reviewed December 6, 2012

I have never been to a hotel like this or i call it a crap hole . I had got bored late at night and walked around and i had walk to the back and saw a dead rat and smelled a moldy smell. And when i went up front in the morning to check out i had said something about the dead rat. The front desk said we never had a problem with rats. Then i walk to my room to get my stuff and i saw one of the employ's walking out of one of the rooms with two dead rats. The mold that is a sign of water damage which can be black mold. never stay, the worst ever i think worst then hell.

Room Tip: never stay
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
5 Thank jimmy j

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Pensacola, Florida
Reviewed November 22, 2012

The photos someone took are dead on. I booked through hotels.com and booking through that company was a huge mistake in iteslf. I cannot even believe this place is not condemned. I booked for 2 nights and refused to even stay there for one night. Lost about 200 dollars to hotels.com when the hotel's price was actually 75 dollars cheaper. How bad is the place? There are open rooms where there is junk, old furniture, and clothing just stacked up like the show "Horders". My "room" had stained sheets, stained carpeting, and a few bugs running around. The shower was disgusting and in need of desperate repair. In addition, YOU WILL NOT RECEIVE A REFUND REGARDLESS OF THE AMOUNT OF NOTICE GIVEN. Anyone who has written a nice review is either a relative or the proprietor. I cannot imagine even a poor refugee taking up shelter here!! I packed it up and hit I-75 to the La Quinta about 5 miles away. Very pleased with that hotel and cheaper, too!

Room Tip: "Nothing"--just stay as far away from this hotel as possible!!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
6 Thank Katie S

Travelers are raving about these Ocala hotels

Port Charlotte, Florida
Reviewed October 31, 2012

Stayed at this hotel in April 2012 and gave it a favourable review - we returned in October 2012 and we still like the Golden Palms - it is not highly impressive from the outside as you drive in but continues to provide very good value - the rooms are clean and comfortable - with microwave and refrigerator - flat panel television built in, comfortable chair and ottoman......the front desk very friendly, efficient and customer service oriented. If you are not happy with your room or your experience, they want to know about it. This is called good public relations! Not an expensive property but worthy...they seem to try harder to please than most!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank marleyandmike
Palm Beach Gardens, Florida
Reviewed October 25, 2012

This is the worst hotel I have EVER stayed in!!!!! I travel at least 5-7 times yearly. However 2012 prove to be travel with tears. I suffered the loss of four close family members, all in seven months. The latest being my mother's brother. I called this hotel and asked that if we (me and family all over the US) could block off 10 rooms for the funeral party. Manager asked that all rooms be PRE-PAID and wouldn't honor online prices. Then agrees to the block the rooms until Thursday evening at 5 pm. before the service. My family was charged several different rates $20, $30, and even double the price that was quoted with the block. rooms were all over the hotel not near each other as we requested. No two rooms were even together. Room service completely aweful, they just gave us towels. An aunt from Oklahoma had to ask that they clean her room on the third day. EVERY family member complained, which embarrassed me to no end since I booked it. Ants in two of the 11 rooms we booked, musky mildew smells, OPENED boxes of ceral for guest. We all had to go some where to eat, it wasn't even a decent layout. HORRIBLE!!!!! Go down the street to Days Inn or HOJO anywhere but here. as a last resort..... sleep in your car across the street at the Racetrack Station!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: The rooms on the first floor, the "Remodled Rooms" were the only ones worth mentioning!! T...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
5 Thank DENISEJ456
San Juan, Puerto Rico
Reviewed September 23, 2012

I made reservation online, for me and my husband. The first night we could not get to the hotel and when we arrived the next day, they wanted to charge for 10 rooms, which supposedly had done. We said no and they kept looking, but they told us that it was not his fault and that someone had to pay for the 10 rooms. Finally they were erroneous. The room was clean, but smelled musty, pillows very hard, which caused me spasms, the door would not open from the first day we arrived and had to visit the lobby several times for this problem. Breakfast was served early as 9AM, there was nothing.

Room Tip: Go to Howard Jonhson, near to this hotel.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
5 Thank s l
Reviewed September 3, 2012 via mobile

The beds are hard, only a sheet to cover yourself no blankets. The towels were stained & so worn out almost tearing. No house keeping in the 2 nights we were there. The a/c made noise all night sounded like an airplane taking off then would go into a washing machine noise. You could see the patch up paint areas. Totally run down. The breakfast set up was not appealing kind of thrown. We passed & went to Dunkin Donut. Would never stay again

• Stayed September 2012
1 Thank Tcce
Boerne, Texas, United States
Reviewed August 31, 2012

Don't no where someone got the idea there were parking charges - they even welcome truckers! Enjoyed my stay - very friendly staff. Rooms have a "homey" feel - nice when you are on the road for an extended period.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business