“A nightmare” 2 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #26 of 34 Hotels in Ocala
San Juan, Puerto Rico
“A nightmare”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2012

I made reservation online, for me and my husband. The first night we could not get to the hotel and when we arrived the next day, they wanted to charge for 10 rooms, which supposedly had done. We said no and they kept looking, but they told us that it was not his fault and that someone had to pay for the 10 rooms. Finally they were erroneous. The room was clean, but smelled musty, pillows very hard, which caused me spasms, the door would not open from the first day we arrived and had to visit the lobby several times for this problem. Breakfast was served early as 9AM, there was nothing.

Room Tip: Go to Howard Jonhson, near to this hotel.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
5 Thank s l

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2012 via mobile

The beds are hard, only a sheet to cover yourself no blankets. The towels were stained & so worn out almost tearing. No house keeping in the 2 nights we were there. The a/c made noise all night sounded like an airplane taking off then would go into a washing machine noise. You could see the patch up paint areas. Totally run down. The breakfast set up was not appealing kind of thrown. We passed & went to Dunkin Donut. Would never stay again

• Stayed September 2012
1 Thank Tcce

Travelers are raving about these Ocala hotels

Boerne, Texas, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2012

Don't no where someone got the idea there were parking charges - they even welcome truckers! Enjoyed my stay - very friendly staff. Rooms have a "homey" feel - nice when you are on the road for an extended period.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Jean C
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2012

I had the displeasure of staying here while in town on business. The company paid, so I had no choice.
first off my key wouldn't work so I had to walk back down to the lobby
the desk person acted surprised like I was doing it wrong or something, they even went to try it themselves.
when I finally got into my room the door would get stuck so I would have to kick the bottom to get it open. I finally get settled and I notice I'm getting bit by something over & over first thing that came to mind was bed bugs having seen them in the past I know how to identify them but saw no evidence of bed bugs, whatever it was I couldn't see them, dust mites maybe? The last straw was when I pulled the night stand out to plug in my mobile phone I saw what appeared to be a broken crack pipe!
Ive stayed at some bad places but this place takes the cake i will never stay here again,its just nasty!

• Stayed August 2012
4 Thank FloridaFred321
Brooklyn, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2012

You basically get for what you pay for. Got a decent priced room and it was pretty simple. Also had a nice HDTV in the wall and a wonderful fireplace. Also my room was located by the pool which made it even more amazing for easy access to the pool and back to the room to rest up. Also another thing compared to other hotels that I found a plus in this hotel..free wifi!? yes free wifi... a lot of the hotels i've been to in NJ and Vegas never had free wifi.. I don't know why but they didn't , this hotel did and that's a huge plus in my opinion.

Room Tip: Like I said earlier...the pool side rooms are amazing :)
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Lake City, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 25, 2012

My wife and I just recently stayed at this place by accident. What a great accident. We were pleasantly suprised when we went into room. It was neat and clean. The decor was very nice not that outlandish hotel scheme for bedspreads and dark colors. It was bright and tastefully decorated. I will definitely try this place again maybe when I have longer to stay. Just got a short sight of the courtyard and pool area and it looked like a pleasant area to sit either in the morning or after dinner. Keep up the good work guys. Only down side is no sign for the place if I didn't see the writing on the building might have passed up this gem

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Orlando, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2012

I'm a big traveler, I live in hotels that's why for me it is very important a room to be clean and the staff to be friendly. I have to say I never got so close with any staff in two weeks- everybody treated me as a family, were very friendly, helpful. Meanwhile my 2 weeks stay in Golden Palms I've met amazing people from all over the world. Had a wonderful time!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business