“Poor service with the attitude to match.”

Chili's Grill & Bar
Ranked #310 of 492 Restaurants in Ocala
Cuisines: American, Southwestern, Barbecue, Mexican
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed February 13, 2013

This is the closest Chilis to my house however I would drive twice as far for a smile and prompt service. This is my 4th time here and will be my last . It was mid afternoon and not even crowded. We sat on the bar side at a booth for 10 mins. being ignored by employees and the manager too. We then moved to the bar with not much better of a result. When we were finally greeted by the bartender ( Christel) she acted like she would rather be anywhere but here. After watching several people leave around us I asked if it was a long wait. She replied with why. I got up and left and will wait for a new manager to take over before I return. I'm sure the current managers days are numbered.

1  Thank Deetscoupe

Reviewed December 20, 2012

Over the last couple of months the service here has gone down hill fast. I'm not really sure why we did not walkout on both occasions. And this use to be one of our favorite restaurants to eat at for an enjoyable night out. Last time and this time were pretty much the same dissapointment. We sat on the bar side, we were there at least 8 minutes before we were greeted. Then we placed our drink order (2 waters and a coke) and an order for an appitizer. It took about 5 minutes to get our drinks, we placed our dinner order then, (afriad it would be like last time and no one would come back for a while). About 8 to 10 minutes later we asked a different waitress (our was not in view yet) about our appitizer, she kindly went and retrieved it from the kitchen. We ordered boneless buffalo wings (got chipollte chicken bites! Not good as our dinner was chipoltte chicken strips :( ) When our waitress emerged a few minutes later we told her that were not correct. She did kindly go and order the correct ones. Then our dinner came out with our corrected appitizer. We did not see the waitress again until we were finishing up our dinner. Now she did remove the appitizer from our bill, however we would have actually prefered a relaxing dinner over a free appitizer. This is the second bad experience here in just 2 months so I am hoping if we try it again in a month or so the experience is better or I am sure we will have to find a new favorite dinning spot. Sorry Chili's, you were once our favorite place. :( Oh yea, not just us, a couple with their kids walked out!

Reviewed December 18, 2012

I've been here a few times with work colleagues and every time the food is great, timely and reasonably priced. I wouldn't thing twice about recommending this place to friends or family.

Reviewed November 20, 2012

Had my mother with me and getting about is difficult for her. They made everything very easy. Food was good too.

Reviewed October 22, 2012

Liked the TV's in the bar but do to the huge crowd the service was fair and never got my second beer till the manager came by and I spoke up...food was fair and not Hot. It was just about what I expected as I am a bit of a food and drink snob...