“Olive Garden...always a good choice”
Review of Olive Garden

Olive Garden
Ranked #25 of 484 Restaurants in Ocala
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Reservations
Ocala, Florida
“Olive Garden...always a good choice”
Reviewed May 31, 2013

My husband and I have gone to a few different Olive Gardens...they always have good food, big variety and reasonable prices.

Ocala, Florida
“Why don't you serve what you advertise?”
Reviewed May 30, 2013

I was impressed w/ the cleanliness. The food.....that's another story.
I ordered the Penne di Mer. Shrimp & scallops w/penne pasta. When I inquired to my server what type of scallops they were, he said they were the"small circular kind" and make a circle w/his fingers. What???? This is the 2nd time this year a server in a restaurant didn't know what type of scallops they serve. Why aren't they familiar w/their own menu?
My meal came and looked nothing like the description on the menu. They made an error and had to return it, while I waited, for the correct meal. After consuming about 1/2 I realized there were no "small circular things" in it. I called it to the attention of my server, he looked through the rest of my entree and informed me they forgot to put the scallops in. Okay then..........

UPDATE: I returned a week later for lunch and ordered one of the paninis on the menu, only to be informed by the server they no longer carry paninis. What??? What is going on in this restaurant? Seems like I can never get the food that I'd like. I ordered instead the Apricot Chix w/vegs only after the server described it in detail. What I received again was not what the menu nor the waitress described. The chix was only a small thin slice. So thin in fact that I could not chew 1/2 of it since it was wayyyyy over cooked. It was swimming in the apricot/citus sauce as well as the vegs. My food was barely peaking out from this sauce. Not good at all.
The only redeeming quality on both occasions was the gnocchi soup.
I will NOT be going back.

• Visited March 2013
“Fantastic!”
Reviewed May 29, 2013

My family loves O. G., as we fondly call it. Always great service. Our server on this particular day was awesome. He anticaped our every need as it should be. The soup and salad is our favorite. You can't beat it.

• Visited May 2013
Illinois
“Good value”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Great service. Friendly staff. Clean. Not a long wait to be seated. Waiter was more than helpful. Would recommend for dinner if your in the area and enjoy a good meal.

Visited May 2013
Lynne, Fl
“Great food, crappy service!”
Reviewed April 20, 2013 via mobile

We visit olive garden all the time! today was not a good visit, actually the worst visit! Great food!! Horrible service! Craig was our server, Waited 10 min to order drinks, another 10 minutes for them to come out; I had water and husband sweet tea. Placed order, with a boat of Alfredo for bread and asked for extra croutons in salad. Salad and bread came out 20 minutes later, no croutons and dressing on the side, bread was hard on the ends. Asked for croutons got a bowl with them in it tossed on the table. Not more than 5 minutes after salad and soup came out our meals arrived, I didn't get to enjoy my salad at all because I was worried the meal would get cold. No mints with bill. It's sad when u get really bad service at a place you visit often. Will be sure to not have him as a waiter next time!

• Visited April 2013