“Enjoyed Nascar bloomin' onion promotion”
Review of Outback Steakhouse

Outback Steakhouse
Ranked #80 of 482 Restaurants in Ocala
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Ocala, Florida
“Enjoyed Nascar bloomin' onion promotion”
Reviewed August 22, 2013

We've enjoyed Outback many times in many states, but their promotion of complimentary bloomin' onions on the Mondays after Neuman came in in the top 10 drivers has made us think about eating there more often. We especially enjoy lunch at Outback. The one thing we don't recommend it for is large groups. We were there once in a group of 20 and placed at a series of small round and square tables down the center of the restaurant. It was noisy, I'm sure distracting to smaller parties nearby, and we were only able to talk with those immediately next to or across from each other.

1 Thank Margy231933

“Great steaks and Cesar salad”
Reviewed July 27, 2013

Have had many dinners there. Went to have the Cesar salads. I just love the dressing. The steaks are wonderful along with the great baked potatoes. Its a great place to take your friends and have a wonderful night out.

• Visited August 2012
“Good steakhouse, but not extraordinary.”
Reviewed July 22, 2013 via mobile

I ate at Outback the first time in Daytona and it was a good dining experience, so I decided to try the Ocala restaurant as well. It was still okay, good steaks, delicious cocktails, yet I cannot say I was extraordinarily impressed. The blooming onion is with homemade dip sauce is one of their best as well as most popular appetizer, sharable by four persons. Also try their unlimited bread with cheese cream, it is good. Cheesecake with raspberry sauce topping was yummy, although it wasn't but a small slice, at least much smaller than the portions I have so far received in other steakhouses. Would be back, but it's not among my absolute favorites.

• Visited June 2013
Clearwater, Florida, United States
“Pretty Much What's Expected”
Reviewed July 9, 2013

My porterhouse arrived medium rare just as ordered but looked far less than the 20 ounces stated on the menu. The blooming onion appetizer was half burnt; the bread on the breadboard was barely warm and somewhat stale. My partner's coconut shrimp was very good. While food and service was acceptable, what saved the experience was the best-tasting mango iced tea I've ever had. We weren't offered dessert, but -- being too full for it anyway -- that wasn't a factor. I'd try another steak restaurant in Ocala before going back here again.

1 Thank Doug K
Ocala, Florida
“Are we at Chuck E. Cheese???”
Reviewed July 5, 2013

So we decide last minute to go to Outback for dinner on the Fourth of July due to inclement weather and not being able to cook out. The 4 of us roll in there thinking we'd find a place at the bar and have some adult beverages and something to eat, and low and behold the whole bar was full of children bellied up there. Don't get me wrong, I have twin 6 year olds and an 11 year old. I didn't think it was even legal to have your children in the bar area...I'll have to look into that, I may be missing out, myself. It was awkward sitting there and having to mind our P's & Q's, so that they wouldn't overhear anything inappropriate. On the flipside, though, our server was awesome and very nice!! She made our meal enjoyable and kept us laughing. The food is consistenly good, there and we stuck with a table full of appetizers. The crab stuffed mushrooms were good, but you only get 4 for $6. I can never eat enough of their chopped salad, either!!

1 Thank TravellingDanTheMan