“Wedding Rehearsal Dinner”

Cuisines: Argentinean
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed June 9, 2013 via mobile

This restaurant was awesome. The food was great and the service was great! We had a party of 20 for my friends rehearsal dinner and I was quite impressed. I felt like I was in a New York restaurant. Highly recommend the restaurant for great food and good time.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

We arranged a special party for my mother's 90th birthday with people coming in from various parts of the country,. What the owner forgot was the restaurant was to be closed that day (memorial day).
He opened the restaurant just for our party, arranged for a waiter and staff to be present.
they prepared special meals for a few of our vegan guests. The food and service was exceptional. To our waiter Justin ,,, thanks. They were so nice there that when other people came in because they thought the place was opened, they seated the couples and served them as well.
You don't find such nice people like these very often, so please stop in and try out the food.
The menu is unique and not your cookie cutter chain place. Very different in best sense.
thanks again

2  Thank WillisSjr
Reviewed May 17, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I just ate at this restaurant for the first time. Charlie was our waiter, and he was funny and very attentive. He answered all of my questions without a problem. I noticed he treated all of his customers the same way. Thank you Charlie :-) We had a Tango for two brought out on a little portable grill. The "for two" was two filet mignon, 2 baby back ribs, 2 ribeyes, and 2 New York strips, plus 2 salads, 2 sides and bread ( for $64 ) Everything tasted wonderful! My husband wasn't too fond of the ribeye, but it tasted as good as any ribeye you can get. We are used to sirloin and the taste is different. We loved the filet. We brought home a lot of our entree because there was so much. The grilled pineapple was my favorite!!! The desserts looked fantastic also. We highly recommend this place.

2  Thank Brenda81012
Reviewed May 15, 2013

We visited Tango tonight with our good friends to celebrate the wive's birthdays. It was our first visit and we were very impressed with both the food and the service. It's a very well-appointed restaurant, obviously not in the "chain" mold, and the hostess who greeted us was professional and welcoming. We were almost immediately greeted at our table by our waiter, Santiago, and throughout the evening he was excellent and informative when anyone had a request or question.

We found the food to be very good and perfectly seasoned. Three out of four had one of the grilled combinations that were served on small heated grills placed on the table, I opted for the filet mignon. The quality of beef was above average and, as previously stated, perfectly seasoned. The others said that the ribs, chicken, and pork were all excellent and their cuts of steak were as tasty as my filet (I stole some chicken and skirt steak from the wife and can confirm it). The mashed potatoes were very good, and the combination side of peppers/onion/corn was grilled and much better than your usual restaurant side, something that too often becomes an afterthought in the kitchen. The wife said her side of spinach was also very good. The salads were run-of-the-mill, however.

Drinks were good and reasonably priced, with the exception of no onions for the Gibson. To their credit they minced up a little red onion and put it in the bottom of the (straight-up) glass, but perhaps they will invest in a small bottle of cocktail onions. The effort was appreciated and just another example of the staff doing all they could to make you happy. An espresso machine would also be a welcome touch for after-dinner drinks.

They have what appears to be a very nice bar area that is separate from the main dining area, I would estimate seating for about 15 - 18. There is also a flatscreen TV behind the bar. There is also a separate dining room by the front entrance that has a flatscreen TV on the wall. Ample parking is available with handicapped spaces directly in front and on either side of the entrance. The only downside is the noise when busy. This can easily be fixed by adding a drop ceiling with acoustic tiles and/or decorative sound baffles; there is plenty of space with the existing high ceiling. I can't fault the restaurant for the screaming rugrat who sounded like he was being tortured, I'm guessing his parents were hearing impaired. Or will be soon.

We really enjoyed ourselves and plan on returning. This restaurant is a welcome addition to the area and hopefully will do well. While they do not appear to have a website at this time they do have a FB page.

1  Thank JimMcC
Reviewed May 13, 2013

Lunch today, was different - the new kid in town is an Argentinian Steakhouse, hidden back on 17th Street. Disappointed in the fact that many of the luncheon selections were not available today due to the rush yesterday on Mother's Day. Regardless, the service was fast, the beer cold, waitress very pleasent. My "Argentinian "Tango" burger, was different, but very tasty. My friends both had the Philly Steak which they gave split reviews to. One liked it the other said he couldn't eat it as it was "to different tasting."

Good bread tableside.