“Great place for date night or to bring out of towners”
Review of Ivy House

Ivy House
Ranked #11 of 504 Restaurants in Ocala
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed January 6, 2013 via mobile

We had the surf and turf and the krispy baked chicken - both delicious and generous portions. Raspberry wine and moscato were great. Waited longer than expected for initial drink order but service improved once waiter finally arrived. Will return. :)

1  Thank IrishTwinMama

Reviewed December 29, 2012 via mobile

I planned a dinner for fourteen in the mirror room. When I arrived to place the flowers we were told they changed us to the basement. If I was not expecting fourteen guests I would have walked out.
A long table was requested and mismatched. After working with the waitress we added two tables so the guests were not sitting over cracks.
The servers placed all glasses on the left of the plates and that was corrected before the guests arrived.
Other than the above the food was well prepared hot and beautifully presented.

3  Thank Sirron01
Reviewed December 19, 2012

Yesterday I joined friends for lunch at the newly opened Ivy House here in Ocala.
We arrived 40 minutes after their opening time. (11 AM) The parking lot was full. We ended up parking further down the street and walking back to the restaurant. We were greeted by the hostess; joined the list of waiting patrons and found a seat near the front facing windows of this 1890's built mansion. A waitress took our order for their delicious Raspberry Tea while we waited for a table. Even though we waited 25 minutes for a seat it was worth it as the atmosphere was welcoming and pleasant.. Our names were called and we were escorted to a table in one of the mansion's many rooms. The waitress was prompt, bringing menus and refills on the tea. We chose the Chicken Salad Crossant for our lunch. Within minutes our food arrived. Delicious and well presented is how I would describe the Crossant with accomplaning salad and fruit. Having visited the Ivy House Restaurant in Williston, Fl., I was familiar with their food and service, the newest addition was just as good as the original.
This restaurant opened quietly with no fanfare or grand opening and yet, within days they are packed for every meal. This should give you some idea of the power of word of mouth. Be sure to plan a visit to the Ivy House for a wonderful dining experience.

5  Thank sandifromfl
Reviewed December 14, 2012

Very nice ambiance in a historic building. Food is Excellent. I got the Filet Mignon and it was very filling. The fried green tomatoes are great also...they give you plenty of them. The servers are very friendly. I loved Williston's Ivy House...but this one is better.

2  Thank dayvcrocket
Reviewed December 14, 2012

Attended with 50 friends from the O.T.O.W. Yoga Club - let me preface this statement by saying ALL ROOMS were PACKED! We were seated in the basement (still the deco was very nice - room for about 50 - the waitress and staff were hustling! I had the "large" shrimp dinner (ten shrimp) large baked potato (fresh too, not warmed up!) corn bread, and salad. Very good! A tempera batter on the shrimp was fabulous! I've got to say, lunch was slow in arriving, but again there were a LOT of people - we plan to go back as a couple and try it again. Our waitress was excellent - she returned everything asked for to our table immediately.