“Great stay. Nice newer hotel.”

Hampton Inn and Suites Ocala
Ranked #1 of 34 Hotels in Ocala
Charlotte, United States
“Great stay. Nice newer hotel.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2013

Stayed here with 2 of my kids for a weekend. Hotel is fairly new and in great shape. Good location with plenty of restaurants and shopping in close proximity. Like all Hampton Inn's I appreciate the free internet.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Fern H, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Ocala, responded to this review, October 11, 2013
Jim,
Hope the kids had a chance to enjoy the pool while you were here. It's almost time to turn the heater on so on your next trip the pool will be nice and comfortable even after those chilly nights! Thanks for taking the time to comment on our hotel.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
  • Arabic first
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2013

We booked this Hampton Inn on our way home - great location near HWY 75 - quick on / off ramp. Front desk very friendly and helpful when asking for places to eat. Very nice room - - Business office open 24 hours! Nice breakfast buffet before we hit the road. Great place to stop!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Sue S
Fern H, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Ocala, responded to this review, October 9, 2013
"Sweet" , we appreciate your comments. Glad you had a chance to enjoy breakfast before hitting the road. Hope to see you on your next trip to Florida.
Tallahassee
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2013

First time staying at this Hampton Inn. The property is one of the cleanest properties I have stayed in the past year. I was greeted by a very "perky" front desk staff. Honors status was recognized, however, it was "announced" loudly. The staff was terrific, but I found throughout my stay that the volume of the staff was a little high. I don't want the entire lobby to know my status or my name. Thankfully the room number was written and not spoken.

The hotel is great. The public spaces are very nice with small decorator vignettes throughout the lobby. The artwork is very nice as well. The lobby has a beautifully open space.

Rooms are very clean. There was not one thing out of place. The entire room was very well put together, and a nice touch in the bathroom was the towel that was made to look wrapped, using a hand towel and a washcloth. Very clever. Not so clever, were the post it notes on my headboards announcing that the duvets and sheets had been changed for each guest. This is an odd thing to find on your headboard upon checkin and seems like some advertising agencies "clever idea" that is just all wrong. I hated finding post it notes on the headboard, and thought "what in the world is that", and once I read it, even worse. "Well thanks....I would hope so. This is a hotel and should have clean sheets".

Lobby sweet shop offers a variety of frozen meals for one, hot pockets, lasagna, etc. There is also a variety of drinks including soda, wine and beer. The beer choices did not have a good variety. I would suggest introducing a wheat beer such as Blue Moon or Shock Top, which are very popular.

Breakfast was nice, and the server was very pleasant. Coffee available all day. I would certainly book this property again. It is by far one of the cleanest properties around.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Lrenee212
Fern H, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Ocala, responded to this review, October 8, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. I will ask the clerks to tone it down some and very glad to hear that your room number was not announced, that would be a definite problem. It is travelers like you who take the time to make others aware of your experience that have made us the #1 Hampton Inn & Suites in Florida.FYI.. I understand about the sticky notes but Hampton standards makes us have them so I can’t correct that issue ( I would if I could)!
Auburn, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2013

I was very pleased with not only the location of the hotel, the price but the newness of the locale. I always stay at Hampton Inn and always do the surveys. I would recommend this Hampton Inn on the way to Disney World.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Kristy B, Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Ocala, responded to this review, December 26, 2016
Thank you for choosing the Hampton Inn and Suites – Ocala! We appreciate your feedback, it helps us in assuring that we are achieving our goal of successfully taking care of each and every one of our guests.

I hope you found everything with your stay perfect, and that you consider us your home away from home!

If there was anything that did not exceed your expectations, please let me know so that I may address my team members. We want to ensure that every stay with us is comfortable and relaxing.

Please feel free to contact us via e-mail or by phone at 352-867-0300.

Thank you again for choosing the Hampton Inn and Suites – Ocala. We love having you here!
Stuart, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2013

Recently rebuilt so it is nice and comfortable. The breakfast was only so so but a pretty good variety to choose from. The location from the interstate highway was just right and several chain restaurants nearby.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Please feel free to contact us via e-mail or by phone at 352-867-0300.

Crestview, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2013

Everything about the hotel was superb. We were greeted by the very friendly, helpful, and courteous counter staff. The room was great...plenty big. Everything was clean. The breakfast was above average for a complementary breakfast. We'll stay there again.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Fern H, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Ocala, responded to this review, September 20, 2013
" Everything about the hotel was superb" keeps us the # 1 Hampton in Florida. Thanks so much we appreciate it.
Warrenville, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2013

Always a win at Hampton Inn but, this new property was fantastic! Clean comfortable rooms were just what the doctor ordered after 700 miles this day. They are very close to Cracker Barrel and other dining choices. Does it get any better than a cooked from scratch dinner at the Cracker Barrel and a clean, fresh and very comfortable queen bed for the night! Having been caught in a hotel fire years ago I was a little confused by the 4th floor handicap accessible room though? Great stay and I will be back when in the area again.

Room Tip: If you need handicap accessible be sure to request the lowest floor possible.