“Relaxing stay”

Hampton Inn and Suites Ocala
Ranked #1 of 34 Hotels in Ocala
Reviewed April 29, 2013

This was a very clean, comfortable hotel, I would recommend it. I had to drive up from Fort Lauderdale for a business meeting the next day. I got a great night sleep and enjoyed coffee and light breakfast the next day before my busy day. If I came back to this area again, I would want to stay here.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Kristy B, Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Ocala, responded to this reviewResponded December 26, 2016

Thank you for choosing the Hampton Inn and Suites – Ocala! We appreciate your feedback, it helps us in assuring that we are achieving our goal of successfully taking care of each and every one of our guests.

I hope you found everything with your stay perfect, and that you consider us your home away from home!

If there was anything that did not exceed your expectations, please let me know so that I may address my team members. We want to ensure that every stay with us is comfortable and relaxing.

Please feel free to contact us via e-mail or by phone at 352-867-0300.

Thank you again for choosing the Hampton Inn and Suites – Ocala. We love having you here!

Reviewed April 29, 2013

The Hampton is easy located from the 75 hgwy exit in Ocala and easy distance from needed facilities for the traveler as well for an week end in the famous horse coUntry of Florida THE STAY WAS VERY SATISFACTORY.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed April 29, 2013

This is a lovely new hotel on the West side of I-75, away from much of the hustle and bustle of the 200 confusion - it is next to a Cracker Barrel, but they had a very nice B'fast with optional seating outside. We usually try to stay at Hamptons and this one is exceptional.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed April 15, 2013

We were fornuate enough to have the opportunity to stay at this hotel on the last night of our spring break. The staff is great and the hotel is very CLEAN. The pool was heated and perfect, and the larger pool towels were a great touch. A very nice hotel.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 8, 2013

This is a new property and we were very happy staying at this location. Clean and staff was very friendly. Will stay again on our way to Florida. This is a location right off of I-75 and easy to get to. Not many eateries within walking distance but several just a few minutes away by car.

Room Tip: Ask to stay on side away from interstate.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 6, 2013 via mobile

Driving down to Florida for Spring Break with my kids. We had stayed on the other side of the expressway at the Hilton Ocala but decided to try the Hampton this time. Arrived late and tired. Great welcome and easy check in. Brand new hotel. Stayed in the suite. Beautifully appointed. We will be back.

• Stayed: April 2013
Fern H, Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Ocala, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2013

Thank You for your comments we appreciate the positive feedback. We hope that the rest of your spring break trip turned out well and hopefully we will see you again for future trips!

Reviewed April 2, 2013

I have just experienced the worst customer service in my life.

I am a flight attendant with over 30 years experience in customer service. I have also stayed in hotels all over the world. In the 30 years I have been flying, I have stayed in every type of accommodation you can think of from a 2 bed guest house in Patagonia to a 7 star hotel in Dubai.

I do however think that customer service is the most memorable thing that keeps us returning to our favourites.

My wife, 2boys and I arrived at 22.00hrs. and with my Hampton Guide clutched in hand, entered the bright, well appointed lobby of the Hampton Inn and Suites Ocala.
Here the " experience" began. I waited at the empty deck for almost 10 minutes. Eventually a staff member arrived. No "sorry to keep you waiting" just "Yes" I asked him if he had a room for 2 adults and 2 children and he told me that the only suitable room would be 316 a handicap equipped room.
I enquired how much and he said $125 plus tax. I posited out that the night before I had paid $77 and he pointedly remarked that I wouldn't find a cheaper room any where in this location and the hotel in Texas was in a cheap area.

I asked to see the room and he asked for my driving license I went back to my car and returned with my UK driving licence. "What's this.? " the staff member asked. He handled my licence as if it were tainted in some way. I told him it was a UK driving license. He begrudgingly gave me the key and I went up to the 3rd floor as directed.

The key was one of the proximity entry keys and didn't work. I returned to the front desk and informed the staff member it didn't work. He went on to give me a briefing on how to use the key. The delivery of his lecture was patronising and condescending . I explained I was a flight attendant and was familiar with the technology as I sayed in a different hotel every week.

He begrudgingly re-validated the key which worked perfectly.

I returned a few minutes later and agreed to take the room. He told me that the room was no longer available as it had just been booked online. I have no evidence but I believe this to be a falsehood. I asked if there were other rooms available and he said there was but he was not going to let me have them because I was "nasty" he then apologised and I asked him why he was apologising. He said because he wouldn't give me a room. Very confusing. I asked to see the Manager. He replied " I am the Manager" I asked for a comments card and the Manager, (Christopher on the name tag) gave me one. I will send it off tomorrow.

My expectations of an enjoyable stay were defeated in dramatic style.

I was shocked,upset and bitterly disappointed by this experience.

I look forward to the management response in due course for some sort of explanation.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank hermitage777
Fern H, Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Ocala, responded to this reviewResponded April 5, 2013

Mr. Holmes,
First please accept my sincerest apologies for the experience you had at my property. I also would be very upset if indeed I were treated as you have stated in your complaint.
I have requested to view the security cameras for the evening of the 28th to find out where Christopher could have been for almost 10 minutes leaving his post unmanned. Usually between 10-11PM the lobby is busy with people coming in and out not a good time to come up missing. I will get to the bottom of it, I promise you. As a policy for every request of viewing a room without an employee being able to personally show the room a ID is required. Unfortunately not everyone is trustworthy to be allowed access to rooms and if you require it from one you must require it from all. I’m sure it was nothing personal, he was just following procedures.
Christopher has just recently been promoted to AGM, his scores on guest comment cards are usually outstanding with comments that he is caring, committed, and very professional. He has worked for me at another Hampton before coming here and has always been an asset. This is very disturbing and I have documented and spoke to our management company president about the situation. He has indicated that if you would like to speak with him he would be happy to speak with you also.
I would like to send you a Be My Guest Certificate in hopes that you will give Hampton Inns another try and not feel that only the one in Texas has customer service. As a brand we understand that service is the only thing that can really separate us from the other hotels in your area. Hotels tend to stay around the same rates, have beds, showers and most give some sort of breakfast (although ours is usually better). It’s the service and friendly face that makes a hotel stand apart from the others and make the guest want to return.
I have sent you an email and await your responce.

Sincerely.