“Come Hungry”

Sonny's BBQ
Ranked #60 of 477 Restaurants in Ocala
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Large groups, Dining on a budget, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Crescent
“Come Hungry”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2013

This was a great place to eat. The food was very good and service was also very good. If you go away hungry it has to be your own fault. My BF had the all you can eat ribs and I had the ribs and chicken. Sweet tea was also very good and was so nice to have a fresh cup to go before we left.

Visited April 2013

Shelby Township, Michigan
“Inexpensive and reliable”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2013

This is not a bad choice for a satisfying meal pretty much anywhere in FL or GA. Food comes out fast, but seems not made to order. That is just fine for the low cost. Generous amounts of tea!

This location in Ocala had friendly and quick service. We were in and out in half an hour.

• Visited April 2013
Miami
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great little place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2013

This is a great little restaurant that offers a salad bar buffet which I really enjoyed. It makes for a nice meal choice along with some sliced brisket. I loved the choices of sauces.

Visited March 2013
New Gloucester, Maine
“Not a rib joint”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2013 via mobile

I usually order a pork sandwich when I visit Sonnys. This time I was enticed by the all you can eat rib special. The ribs were St Louis style, lean and meaty but somewhat tasteless. I guess that's what the sauce on the table is for, but I think you miss something when you don't infuse flavor as you cook the meat. I will go back but not for the ribs.

Easton, Pennsylvania
“Good Spot”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2013

Stopped in here for dinner and had the pork 3 ways and the largest glass of sweet tea I have ever seen. The service was good along with the pork which I had a hard time finishing along with the 2 sides and cormbread I got along with it. Shame we don't have Sonny's up north, I make a habit of stopping at least in one when I am down south.

• Visited February 2013