“Needs improvement!” 2 of 5 bubbles

Artisinal Dish
Ranked #21 of 474 Restaurants in Ocala
Cuisines: American, Pizza
Good for: Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Artisinal Dish/Blue Wagyu- a European-inspired deli of gourmet and organic foods, Wagyu burgers and steaks.
Morriston, Florida
“Needs improvement!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2014

My friend and I tried this obscure little restaurant based on the ratings it received. We had the 1/4 lb. burger with bacon and blue cheese, a side of russet fries and a side of cilantro slaw. The burgers were overcooked and dry. I kept pulling strings of what seemed like plastic out of my mouth, 3 to be exact. The fries were tasty when hot but needed additional salt. They also became very limp when they cooled off, which happened rather quickly. The slaw was very bland. I couldn't taste any cilantro even though you could see it. We had to add a lot of salt and pepper to get any flavor from it. The best part of the meal was the cappuccino. Since it was serve yourself we left no tip. The meal was $38.00, which we both thought was really high for what we got. We won't be returning.

5 Thank Joan J

Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida
“Sorry Gordon”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2014

I was in Vegas with my wife over Thanksgiving and had a burger at Gordon Ramsay's place. It was the best burger I have ever had, Until Now! Artisinal Dish burgers were by far the best we have ever had. When I asked how and why they were so good they told me they raised their own beef. The difference is amazing. I had the sliders because I couldn't choose which one to have. I could have had three but I showed some portion control. If your in the area, traveling down or up 75 near Ocala, this is a must stop.

Rochester, New York, United States
“Disappointed and not impressed!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2014

We made a brief overnight stop in Ocala, Fl. I looked for reviews for restaurants and went here based on what I read. It was difficult to find as it's set back in the plaza where it's located. We walked to the counter and were told to order in the back. We were not given a choice of breads. We ordered two burgers and one fry. The burgers were very well done. We were not given a choice as to have them cooked to order. The waitress brought our food and we didn't see her again until we were nearly finished. She cleared our dishes and then realized I was still eating and put my plate back down. The service was minimal. I had to flag her down just to ask for some more water. This was way overpriced for what we received. I wish I would have tried one burger and one pizza. One table had a pizza on the table as we left and thought looked way better than our minimalist burger. Fries were way overcooked, borderline burned. Small ones were blackened. I did not feel welcomed. I felt like we were a nuisance and staff could have cared less that we were there. I would not recommend. Very costly hamburger!

5 Thank Karen M
Tampa, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Hidden Gem”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 15, 2014

I travel a lot for work, throughout Florida. I used to like to visit mom & pop restaurants, but was burned too many times. I saw the great reviews for Dish on TripAdvisor and decided to give it a shot. THANK GOODNESS! This place is a hidden gem! Farm to table, sustainable, organic... but not in a pretentious or a "granola" way. Just genuine. Great staff, engaging owner's and bottom line... great food! I had one of the wagyu beef burgers. It was perfect! The menu is creative but accessible. The owner made a point to mention that you don't have to "order by number. Tell us what you want, we'll make it". They have a small market, as well, and you can buy your grass fed steak and they will cook it. I walked by a family that had ordered a pizza from the brick oven and I almost fainted from how delicious it smelled! I will find reasons to come to Ocala, just to eat here.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Michael G
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Great place to eat!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2014 via mobile

The burger was awesome! No grease running down my arms and the items are a perfect match. The service was friendly and helpful. A little expensive if compaired to other burger joints, yet this is not another burger joint!