“Never expected to find this in Ocala!”
Review of Artisinal Dish

Artisinal Dish
Ranked #26 of 485 Restaurants in Ocala
Cuisines: American, Pizza, Steakhouse
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Artisinal Dish/Blue Wagyu- a European-inspired deli of gourmet and organic foods, locally raised Wagyu burgers and steaks.
“Never expected to find this in Ocala!”
Reviewed September 2, 2013 via mobile

We decided to stop here after seeing the other reviews on Tripadvisor and wanting a tasty but affordable meal during our trip back to Tampa. We're not quite "foodies" but dine out for the majority of our meals and struggle to find healthier choices from more casual, low-priced restaurants. This was a bit more than we normally spend ($8-10 for a main dish plus another $3-6 for each side) but for the quality of food, it was a good value.

We both got burgers since they were so highly recommended by other reviewers... the beef flavor was definately different than the non-organic stuff we are used to, but still pretty tasty. Kind of an earthier flavor? We figured the difference was because the cows were hormone-free, grass-fed, and free-range. They are raised by the restaurant owners and employees on their two nearby ranches which I was told are 500 acres and 600 acres (so 1100 acres total...wow).

We also got sides with our burgers... pesto basil pasta salad for me, and quinoa salad for my husband. It was our first time trying quinoa, and my husband liked it and noted that it had a bit of an Indian flavor. My pasta salad was also yummy :)

The staff was very friendly and attentive as well. The place was very clean and comfortable, including the bathrooms. No complaints whatsoever! If we find ourselves traveling in the area again, we'll probably go back, even if we're not that hungry!

• Visited September 2013

Ocala, Florida
“Excellent”
Reviewed September 2, 2013

The Dish offers a wonderful selection of fresh, organic foods. The wood stove pizza is phenomenal, definitely worth trying. The biggest thing that really impressed me was that nothing is frozen and just heated up via microwave- everything is fresh and the recipes are unique and certainly delicious. The Dish is also very accommodating and offers many custom options. I will be coming back often!

• Visited September 2013
Rochester Hills, Michigan
“Waygu Beef! yeah”
Reviewed August 30, 2013

Best beef in the area. I ate the 8oz Burger and it was gone so fast...Kids had sliders and the cook special made me some chicken stir fry. Great coffee, food and atmosphere. Owners are very friendly and made sure we were happy. Only thing I was disappointed in was the special of the day ran out. So sad. But one of the best burgers I have ever had. All ORGANIC!!!!

• Visited August 2013
“Unbelievable PIZZA find.”
Reviewed August 16, 2013 via mobile

Worlds best PIZZA found in Ocala, Florida. I just finished traveling around the world and stepped into DIsh Restaurant as they were adding oak to the pizza oven. The wonderful aroma definitely aroused my senses to the pizza menu which is only available after four thirty every day. If you really want to tantalize your taste buds I would suggest the "ITALIAN COWBOY" and "RANAHAN" pizzas. I will be back soon and hope to see you

Visited August 2013
2 Thank Johannes V
“Best burger ever!”
Reviewed August 11, 2013

I don't often eat beef, especially hamburgers. However, I may change my practice after savoring the tasty, juicy hunk of perfection that was the Wagyu hamburger I ate at Dish. Wow!!!

• Visited May 2013