“A buried Treasure on a I-75”

Don Garlits Museum of Drag Racing
Ranked #3 of 65 things to do in Ocala
Reviewed July 24, 2014

My husband has wonderful memories of his Dad taking him here many, many years ago. So to go back and relive these memories is a treasure in it's self. You don't have to be a Drag Racing fan to appreciate the history and wonderful facts that this museum holds, but if you are, it's even better. The two buildings of Pure History are so much fun to walk through and it's a nice little stop on your way in or out of Florida... It's a buried treasure that Big Daddy has blessed us with:)

Reviewed July 22, 2014

Although not a drag racing fan I accompanied a friend who is keen on the sport and also old cars. I was very pleasantly surprised at the size of the place and especially the number and variety of old cars, trucks etc on display in an adjoin building to the drag racing museum. The staff were very friendly and answered all our questions with enthusiasm. If you like old cars and drag racing this is definitely the place to visit. Very close tot the I75 and all major roads south of Ocala and North of Orlando. Try it out, like me, you will probably be very pleasantly surprised that you can spend 4-5 hours enjoying the exhibits.

3  Thank gandiatourist
Reviewed July 14, 2014

I have been here before and looked forward to coming back here for 7 years. Absolutely love all the cars and stories behind each one. Nice people and make sure you stay at the sleep inn great place also right next to there.

1  Thank Leigh H
Reviewed July 8, 2014

Don Garlits' race cars, OH YEAH, but there is so much more. Antique cars, and some that are just plain old cars. Tools, and other memorabilia abound. . . .AND. . . if you are lucky, as we were, you will get to see, meet, and speak with Don as well.
It was a stop well worth it.
There was a fee, $20 for adults, $15 for all others except children and they are $10. I don't think that it would be that interesting for the "wee" ones, and then that would take from your enjoyment, BUT all things considered my wife and I felt that it would have been worth it at twice the price. I only wish that we had more time that day.
SO, that means I will just have to go again.

Reviewed July 3, 2014

This is a carefully chosen part of drag racing you cannot afford to miss, Stop in and take a couple hours out of your busy travel day to enjoy looking at Don "BIG DADDY" Garlits history.
Don has collected and kept so much it is hard to know where to start, this is all of drag racing not just Garlits's, he has collected many iconic race cars and dragsters. This is a world class attraction, stop by, you might eve catch a glimpse of "BIG DADDY" hisself!!