“Actually met Big Daddy at the museum!!!”

Don Garlits Museum of Drag Racing
Ranked #3 of 65 things to do in Ocala
Reviewed October 12, 2012

As I read the other good reviews here about The Don Garlits Museum of Drag Racing, I agree with all they say. It is a stroll down memory lane to walk through the museums two buildings. As for the bad reviews... don't believe them, these people must have some unattainable goals in mind and probably never have been to a drag track in their life. You would be hard pressed to find a better shrine to drag racing then this place.
But now for the best part. Big Daddy was actually out in the yard in his pick-up truck with his lovely wife Pat, letting a tree trimmer into a gated area. When Don saw us he pulled right over to us and got out of the truck to talk to us. Wow, what a nice, down to earth guy he is. We talked about the old times at Island Dragway in Great Meadows N.J. I felt like he would have stood there all day talking but we didn't want to take too much of his and Pat's time. We even got a picture with him and Peggy (my wife). I got to meet one of my heroes in life and I will remember Don's warmth for the rest of my life.... Thanks Big Daddy.

1  Thank Roger B

Reviewed October 7, 2012

We went for my brother's birthday once, and it was terrible. Service was rude, the bathrooms were dirty, and when I politely informed staff of this, I was treated rather horribly. "Well, We don't have time to check our bathrooms every hour to make sure they're PERFECT", I didn't ask for perfect, just for it to not smell like pee, for their to be toilet paper and hand towels, as well as soap in the bathroom. Even my brother didn't enjoy it as much as he should have. The staff was not very knowledgeable, and when he asked questions, he was made to feel rediculous. I won't go back. My family deserves better treatment.

1  Thank Tana B
Reviewed October 7, 2012

I remember seeing Don Garlits race at my hometown track when I was a kid in the 70's. It's amazing to see his cars and many others of that time period all under one roof. An incredible collection of cars, parts, pictures, and other goodies await those who enter this place.

Reviewed September 28, 2012

What a great way to step back in time. The automobiles were just wonderful to look at as were the dragsters in the adjacent building.
This is a must see for anyone interested in the old time racing and antique cars of yesterday.

Reviewed September 26, 2012 via mobile

The boys were grinning from ear to ear walking thru this place! Lots of cars and historical items! The museum is split into 2 buildings. One of old cars that have been restored and the other of just drag racing. Also an engine room for all of you motor heads!