“Will never go back”

Don Garlits Museum of Drag Racing
Ranked #3 of 65 things to do in Ocala
Reviewed October 7, 2012

We went for my brother's birthday once, and it was terrible. Service was rude, the bathrooms were dirty, and when I politely informed staff of this, I was treated rather horribly. "Well, We don't have time to check our bathrooms every hour to make sure they're PERFECT", I didn't ask for perfect, just for it to not smell like pee, for their to be toilet paper and hand towels, as well as soap in the bathroom. Even my brother didn't enjoy it as much as he should have. The staff was not very knowledgeable, and when he asked questions, he was made to feel rediculous. I won't go back. My family deserves better treatment.

1  Thank Tana B

Reviewed October 7, 2012

I remember seeing Don Garlits race at my hometown track when I was a kid in the 70's. It's amazing to see his cars and many others of that time period all under one roof. An incredible collection of cars, parts, pictures, and other goodies await those who enter this place.

Reviewed September 28, 2012

What a great way to step back in time. The automobiles were just wonderful to look at as were the dragsters in the adjacent building.
This is a must see for anyone interested in the old time racing and antique cars of yesterday.

Reviewed September 26, 2012 via mobile

The boys were grinning from ear to ear walking thru this place! Lots of cars and historical items! The museum is split into 2 buildings. One of old cars that have been restored and the other of just drag racing. Also an engine room for all of you motor heads!

Reviewed September 18, 2012

This museum is well worth the trip! There are two museums- one for drag racing and one of classic cars and artifacts. Everything is well preserved and lovingly restored- not only a tribute to Don Garlits' career (and that of many other racers) but a tribute to his love for all things "car". Whether you are a race fan or just a history buff- this is a must see.