“Wonderful Italian dinner”
Review of Mesa de Notte

Mesa de Notte
Reserve with OpenTable
Mesa de Notte is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #11 of 484 Restaurants in Ocala
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Dunnellon, Florida, United States
“Wonderful Italian dinner”
Reviewed September 27, 2013

Had dinner here the other night with friends and was very pleased
with the attentive service and wonderful food. The soup and caesar
salad were delicious. I had the eggplant parm and it was wonderful.
Along with a side of pasta, I was more than pleasantly full. The portions
are exceptional and the atmosphere and attentive service made for
a very nice night out. Sorry I couldn't eat another bite, but the desserts
looked wonderfully sinful as they passed out table. Next time I will make
sure I have dessert. There will be a next time, this restaurant is delightful.

• Visited September 2013
2 Thank Donna P

Ocala, FL
“Awesome”
Reviewed August 19, 2013 via mobile

Best value is lunch...excellent food. Tiramisu is superb. Nice atmosphere. Nicely decorated. The server was fast and friendly. I love the bread service with fresh baked bread...olive oil with fresh herbs.

• Visited August 2013
2 Thank dayvcrocket
“Meh”
Reviewed August 14, 2013 via mobile

The atmosphere and service were very nice, no problems there. The food was average at best, nothing special. I had the clams in white sauce but my sauce was all olive oil, no clam juice at all. I did enjoy that the clams were locally sourced. For dessert, I had cannoli and that was delightful. I will try again, but definitely a different dish.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank Shannon P
Ocala, Florida
“two different restaurants”
Reviewed July 21, 2013

You have to try this place more than once to really experience how different it is from lunch to dinner. my first visit was for lunch and I was less than impressed. food and service were ok but not much better than your average mom and pop spaghetti joint, some weeks later having heard that dinner was really good we took some out of town guests to mesa de note for dinner. I thought that I was in a completely different restaurant. white linen tablecloths, crystal , and sparkling dinnerware, The menu was authentically Italian and the wine list quite extensive with some good Italian selections. when we ordered a bottle of good red , it was accompanied by excellent stemware. the server uncorked the wine and properly suggested that we allow some time to allow it to breathe(it would have been nice to decant this outstanding Barolo).the food from appetizers to dessert was just delicious. The service impeccable. the entire experience was good enough that my wife surprised me with an 80th birthday party at a later date. there were about 16 people and we ate off the menu. one young lady took care of the entire party and all the food was served at the same time, piping hot and again delicious.

Our compliments to the chef and the entire staff at mesa de note for some great food. if you are looking for authentic italian cuisine in the Ocala area don't miss mesa de note. if you are looking for authentic Italian cuisine in the Ocala area don't miss mesa de note.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank edandmary2016
Central Florida
“Don't judge a book by it's cover.”
Reviewed July 1, 2013

If you pull up to this restaurant and judge it by the way it looks on the outside, you have no idea. It's in what looks like a run down building. Once you open the door, it's honestly such a nice, high class, kinda poshy type of place. Is poshy a word? If not, it should be. We had a wonderful server and the food was great. Their oil and seasonings for the bread before your course is fantastic. I could have lived off of that alone. You can bring the kids, but I'd leave them at home and truly enjoy everything this atmosphere has to offer. I would give it 5 - but although my dinner was great, I felt like it didn't have enough "sauce" ... and wasn't what I was expecting. Otherwise, a great place!

• Visited May 2013