“Don't judge a book by it's cover.”
Review of Mesa de Notte

Mesa de Notte
Reserve with OpenTable
Mesa de Notte is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #13 of 489 Restaurants in Ocala
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed July 1, 2013

If you pull up to this restaurant and judge it by the way it looks on the outside, you have no idea. It's in what looks like a run down building. Once you open the door, it's honestly such a nice, high class, kinda poshy type of place. Is poshy a word? If not, it should be. We had a wonderful server and the food was great. Their oil and seasonings for the bread before your course is fantastic. I could have lived off of that alone. You can bring the kids, but I'd leave them at home and truly enjoy everything this atmosphere has to offer. I would give it 5 - but although my dinner was great, I felt like it didn't have enough "sauce" ... and wasn't what I was expecting. Otherwise, a great place!

1  Thank jns621
There are newer reviews for Mesa de Notte

Reviewed June 9, 2013

First things first....this place has the BEST tiramisu we've EVER had!! The food....outstanding...server....excellent. A little pricey, but worth it!!

2  Thank TravellingDanTheMan
Reviewed June 4, 2013

I eat here for lunch every couple of weeks. My favorite is the Shrimp Karina salad w/mango vinegarette dressing, eggplant parm is good, chicken francese delish and don't forget the bread with pesto dipping oil, yum!

Reviewed June 4, 2013

Returned to Mesa de Notte to celebrate our 46th anniversary. Again, had a great meal. The veal marsala is always good. Mario, server, provided excellent service and owner provided a special dessert to make it a memorable occasion. Whenever we dine again in Ocala we'll return to Mesa de Notte
Frank

1  Thank Frank T
Reviewed May 25, 2013

The owner was a sweetheart who visited and chatted briefly with us. Service was only fair at best.....I had to wait for a while to get the final check... and the food was way over-priced! My hubby and I both had a bowl of soup and a salad....it was lunch-time. While quite good, the bill still came to $15 or so. Other places have soup and salad all one desires to eat for quite a bit less money.

We looked at the dinner menu and wow...the prices! While I'm certain the food is delicious, this girl is not paying $26.99 for a Rib Eye!

Bottom line: it's ok perhaps for a little lunch, but unless you've money to burn, try other places. I may return, I probably won't.

1  Thank Rhonda S