“Great sports bar!”

Gator's Dockside
Ranked #28 of 498 Restaurants in Ocala
Cuisines: American
Reviewed December 29, 2013

Wanted to golf but raining all day in Ocala so decided to find a sports bar to drink beer watch football and eat. This is the place. Food was very good, service by Kelly was excellent and great beer and cocktail specials. Two for one on a lot of drinks and cocktails. Plenty of wide screen TV's and they have the volume at a very reasonable level. Will come back.

Reviewed December 1, 2013

Expecting to be shut out as it was a SUNDAY about 12:45 p.m. and just before "Game Time," (DUH? Are we stupid?) I was expecting to be told: Nope! No tables available, but they led us right in! WHAT? Our server was prompt, cheerful, getting our drinks right off the bat! WOW. Okay, I'm impressed, lets see what happens when we order....Dishes came out fast, and easy. WOW! Okay, now "the taste?" GREAT!
I had the "Asian Salad," while the wife ate the "Sea Breeze" Salad, both very good, crisp lettuce, spicy dressings, great shrimp, and good chicken. Oh, yeah we'd do this again in a "Heart-beat!" Good job, staff!

Reviewed November 25, 2013

Food has a wide variety for all kinds of people. very good gator tails on the appetizers. Gyro was excellent. Beers, full liquor, big screen tv's, sports. This is a good place to be. Server was ok, nothing special about her. Overall a nice family friendly sports bar/restaurant.

Reviewed November 20, 2013

The only mistake I made here was ordering a half rack of their babyback ribs. I should have ordered twice that! I believe these were the best ribs I've had in a restaurant in years. I would absolutely eat there again - and order more ribs...

Reviewed November 8, 2013

Gator's Dockside is a sports bar in a strip mall, with lots of giant TVs and indoor and outdoor (next to a road) seating. Food was pretty average - wings, burgers, lots of fried stuff, but not bad. Our server, Brandon, had an upbeat personality and was very good. I would have given it 4 stars because the beer was in frozen mugs and the food was good, but what really threw us off was the music. They had an 80's music station playing. Somehow, Huey Lewis and Cindy Lauper didn't quite go with the sports bar theme, which gave the place a weird vibe.