“Decent breakfast”

Scrambles Cafe
Ranked #41 of 493 Restaurants in Ocala
Cuisines: American
Reviewed May 17, 2013

The place is very cute, nicely decorated, and very, very clean.
The service was just OK. Honestly, we were still two steps away from our table, and was already rushed...........What would you like to drink? I like prompt service, but at least let someone sit down, get a menu, and breath before taking a drink order. And, no the place was not crowded, so no need for that.
The food was good...........not great. I had the has and eggs. Eggs were perfectly cooked, and the English Muffin was good. The hash was good, but VERY salty.

Not a bad spot....just wouldn't hurry to get back if I was in the area.

Reviewed April 18, 2013

I went there with a friend and ordered their omelet with grits and toast. The food was tasty...what there was of it. (I went home and made some scrambled eggs because I was still hungry and far from satisfied).

If you have the appetite of a flea, this place rocks! Personally, I won't be back.

Reviewed April 14, 2013 via mobile

Went to Scrambles today for brunch. The food was wonderful- omelets, pancakes, biscuits, potatoes. The service was slow and inattentive. I was never offered a single refill on my coffee - to me that's a pretty big ding against a breakfast place. Will probably give it another try since it's close to home and hope for better service from staff.

Reviewed March 3, 2013

Being locals, scrambles has been a great spot for us, however lately the service from the waitresses has been less than stellar. The last 3x we went the service was poor, food was still great, but poor waitressing. We wrote it off as a bad day, however the fourth time around has unfortunetly put the nail in the coffin for us. This last 4x we have gone our order has been consistently messed up, i have had to flag someone else down to bring our drinks to us, and the food has taken over 45 minutes to come out, this is lunch not dinner so the orders are small and simple. The food is great but the lack in great service is really hurting this place.

Reviewed February 15, 2013

My wife and I stopped by Scrambles for breakfast after an early appointment. We were not disappointed. My wife is a big fan of pancakes and ordered the short stack. It may have been short but it was big. Much more than she could eat so I had to help her. The pancakes were among the best I have eaten out. I tried a heartier breakfast of corned beef hash and basted eggs with a bit of biscuit and gravy thrown in for good measure. The basted eggs were perfect. Very few restaurants can manage that. The coffee was very good and our cups never went empty. The wait staff was very efficient, prompt and friendly. The atmosphere is bright and cheerful and just what one needs for a nice breakfast or lunch. I think you will enjoy breakfast here.