“GREAT PLACE TO STAY...very well staffed and managed.”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Ocala
Ranked #12 of 34 Hotels in Ocala
Reviewed April 24, 2009

TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN:

It is my pleasure to endorse this fine hotel in Ocala, Florida. The manager, Mark Fink, is more than friendly and professional. He really cares about his clients and his staff. His attention to everything goes well beyond the call of duty. He inspects everything daily and makes certain that all is well at the COUNTRY INN & SUITES, Ocala, FL. I wll return and stay at this very reasonable and well managed hotel when I'm in the area. Everything gets an A+ from me...and from everyone I met during my one-week stay there.
Mgr. Fink is certainly capable of his responsibilities as he has apparently managed much larger hotels. I was very impressed with the hospitality and convience of this hotel.
I can easily recommend the Country Inn & Suites to everyone. Thanks Mark and staff!
Oliver Williams, M.Ed. April 2009

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled on business

Reviewed March 31, 2007

I stayed here over New Years with my two daughters. In reading the reviews here online I was very hesitant. However, I was pleasantly surprised upon arrival and throughout my stay.

The hotel staff was extremely friendly and helpful with directions and with providing information on area restaurants before I arrived.

Upon arrival I was greeted with friendly and efficient staff along with a very inviting and clean hotel lobby. They have fresh baked cookies along with teas, coffees, and hot cocoa right at the main desk, which really hit the spot after traveling in the car for quite some time.

Our room appeared to be newly furnished and was very clean and relatively spacious. Their pool and hot tub were one of the cleanest we have seen in a hotel. The pool area also offered a small patio area where you could sit and still watch the kids inside the pool. We also found the other guests using the pool and lobby facilities to be friendly and condsiderate. This hotel is the only one in the area that has a pool with the exception of the Hilton as well.

The breakfast was very nice and offered a better than average selection. Along with typical continental breakfast items they also had belgian waffles you can make in an easy to operate waffle iron. Their drinks were kept in chilled drink fountains rather than just a pitcher on ice. Their selections were plentiful with some nice healthy choices and the breakfast area was exceptionally clean and well stocked.

An additional cozy feature was the hotel reading library shelf. They had a lovely book case filled with all sorts of best seller and classic novels for both adults and children to read.

The hotel is located right next to the highway, just as all the other hotels at this exit are including the Hilton. It is also within walking distance or a short drive to endless restaurants, gas stations and other conveiences that a traveler needs. The hotel inside was quiet even on New Years Eve, and we were all able to sleep well and feel secure.

I would definetely stay here again!

Stayed: January 2007
3  Thank herk4
Reviewed December 26, 2006

The Country Inn and Suites is not in the country. It's perched on a narrow strip of land immediately overlooking Interstate 75 and the busiest four lane in Ocala. The hotel is jammed into a tiny corner lot, and is accessible only through a gas station (I'm not kidding.) The room we had was a suite, but the suite is small. On our days, we shared the floor with loud guests. The room looked worn out. The desk chair was stained. The internet service was available - but only with an ethernet cable that was as well worn as the room. The cleanliness overall was not the best. The breakfast was the same tired formula. The breakfast area was pleasant but at the holiday was jammed. The smoking area is immediately in front of the main door (thus non smokers get to smoke on the way in and out). The staff was pleasant. The location was not the best. The immediacy to the interstate made the stay less than pleasant. This was our first stay at the Ocala Country Inn. We don't plan a return trip.

• Stayed: December 2006
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4  Thank mac6
Reviewed November 4, 2006

Everything you would expect of a high qualtiy hotel without the high price! Couldn't find a better hotel for the price in Ocala, so we're going back again! Clean, quiet rooms with card secured inside access. Comfy beds. Friendly, helpful staff. Love the coffee pot in the room for quick wakeup! Continental breakfast was included. Right off highway #75. In very close proximity to any kind of restaurant you want! We're Parelli enthusiasts and will make this our hotel of choice for our annual Parelli tour weekend. Laurie and Ande.

• Stayed: December 2005, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank laurnbill
Ocala FL
Reviewed July 13, 2006

The location of this property is excellent. We booked a room online & when we got to the Hotel there was a flashing sign that said HIRING ALL POSITIONS. They sure did need to hire all positions. When we got to our room the trash cans were filled with the trash from the previous guests. Not just an item or two but overflowing. The carpet was sort of vacuumed. The vacuum cleaner just pushed all the dirt to the walls & corners of the rooms. The bathroom floor had hair & other dirt on it. When we went down to the lobby to complain the front desk employee literally threw us out & threatened to call the police if we did not leave. All we did was tell him the room was dirty & not acceptable. I would never stay at another Country Inn they could care less about cleanliness & customer service. A TERRIBLE EXPERIENCE!!! Went down to the Hilton at the same exit & got a beautiful clean room for just a few more $$. For $100 a night I expect at least a clean room. I could have got this treatment at a $40 a night dump.

• Stayed: July 2006
6  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Lawton, Michigan
Reviewed May 22, 2006

Be careful when you call this hotel for a reservation or for information. I've stayed at Country Inn and Suites several times and they are nice hotels. I never had a problem, until my dealings with this specific hotel. I am a government employee and called this hotel in February, 2006 for a quote for a visit in April, 2006. We needed 3 rooms. Was told when I called that the government rate would apply to all three rooms if put in the name of the government employee. Called back the next day to reserve once I got the okay from the people who would be in the other rooms. Husband (with me in the room) told them the price quote from the day before at the beginning of the call, was put on hold at least 3 times, and had to repeat the credit card number several times. Was told AFTER credit card number given that a government employee would have to be in each room. Would not honor the quote or information given the day before, so my husband told them that we did not want the rooms as other hotels would honor a previously given price quote. Was told we would not be charged for the rooms. Never received a reservation/confirmation number and never received a cancellation number. We believed that we had no reservation. We stayed at another hotel for our trip. Low and behold, my April credit card statement had 3 room charges on it from this establishment. I called the hotel immediately and was told I needed to talk to the "GM". Transferred to his voice mail. Left message. No response. Called back late afternoon the next day. Was told again "GM" not available. Left an after hours contact number. No response for a week. Called back and left another message with the "GM". Received a call back from a clerk. Was told that, after I explained what happened, that he would try to get a credit issued, but it had to be approved by the "GM" and he would call me back before I left work for the evening. Came in the next day and had a voice mail message from the clerk indicating that "policy" said that I needed a cancellation number to receive a credit. This was impossible (which the clerk knew) as we were never given a cancellation number by anybody. Called the main company customer service number. Customer service attempted to resolve this through the Ocala hotel and did not receive any response from them. The main company cut me a check to reimburse me for the improper charges. Prior to receiving the reimbursement from the main company, I disputed the charges with my credit card company. When I called the credit card company to remove the disputes as I received the check, credit card company indicated they never received a response from this establishment after a month or so. Would never make any attempts to stay at this hotel in Ocala again, but, due to the main company's response and helpfulness, would definately stay at another Country Inn and Suites.

• Stayed: April 2006
3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Dunedin Florida
Reviewed April 23, 2006

While this hotel is new it is located right at the intersection of the expressway and was so noisy we had trouble sleeping. I have never stayed at a noisier hotel. I thought the Inn was clean and neat. The staff was helpful but forgot to leave soap and shampoo in the room so we had to search it down. The breakfast was minimal. The location was excellent as far as closeness to the mall and restaurants but the Hampton Inn would have been a much better choice as it is located about 2 blocks farther from the expressway.

• Stayed: April 2006