“Drive 100 feet more to LaQuinta”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Ocala
Ranked #12 of 34 Hotels in Ocala
Reviewed December 2, 2011

Drove up from Sarasota for a convention the next day. Country Inn is shoehorned into the offramp greenspace so that you can stand in their parking lot and count the nosehairs of the folks getting off the interstate. Too close for me. Still, wanting to give them a shot as my experience from the corporation has been positive. I walked in to an empty lobby. And waited. Finally I left, drove to the next street and camped out at the La Quinta. Warm welcome, extra coffee, and a call from the front desk to ensure they had met my expectations. Ole!

Room Tip: West side faces off ramp of I-90 NB.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled solo
There are newer reviews for Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Ocala

Reviewed July 25, 2011

We were traveling up I-75 with my kids. One is 2 and the other is 1. So, we asked for two cribs in our room.

When we arrived, the front desk told us that they only had one crib available. They said this despite an emply hotel parking lot. We had no other choice but to try and sleep with one of the babies in the bed.

It didn't work well. First, we tried to get the 2-year old to sleep in the bed with us; she wouldn't. So, we switched, putting the 2-year old in the crib and the sleeping 1-year old in the bed. The 1-year old woke up and would get back to sleep.

So, my wife tried calling the desk to ask them to double check for another crib. She got put on hold (this was at 11 PM). After sitting on hold for 30 minutes, my wife gave up.

We hardly slept because of the single crib issue. We woke up the next morning to leave and the parking lot was still empty. I guess they really only have one crib for a sizeable hotel.

Other than that, the hotel was okay. I guess it compared to a slightly-dated Holiday Inn. The free breakfast was your typical motel type -- nice to have, but nothing special.

I guess next time we're travelling, we'll pack an extra Pack-and-Play.

Room Tip: If you're traveling with infants, bring your own Pack-and-Play!
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Country34474, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Ocala, responded to this reviewResponded July 27, 2011

I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced during your recent stay with us. I would love to speak with you more in regards to your concerns please contact me by email or phone at your earliest convenience.

Shanna House

Reviewed April 15, 2011

i stay at country in suites all over florida ther nice clean and a whirlpool room isnt very expensive. Get a points membership and you earn free days! I have enough points for 2 free days.

Room Tip: the whirlpool suite is the way to go
  • Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank FreeDave
Country34474, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Ocala, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2011

On behalf of our entire staff I would like to thank you for your great comments in regards to your stay with us. We appreciate the feedback and hope to see you again soon!

Shanna House
Front Office Manager

Reviewed March 31, 2011

I had a lengthy stay (nearly 2 weeks) there earlier this month and had time to notice anything and everything. I worked my regular job remotely from my room and went out evenings with friends.

1) the staff is the greatest: friendly and very professional. Front desk staff and manager were awesome, as were housekeeping and breakfast staff.

2) breakfast was great - always enough, served for several hours each morning. and constant fresh coffee and cookies in the lobby.

3) my mini-suite was great all-around: very clean, like-new carpet, and nice bedding. superior working situation in room: free fast wireless, good workstation/desk and perfect chair.

4) yes the parking is a little small and tight. at times we had to use the first row of the adjoining BP station for a place to park our truck. like much of Ocala roads, the road in front of this hotel is split and access from one side to the other entails doing a u-turn. Once you get used to that 'feature' in Ocala then this hotel and the others behind it are just as accessible as anything else. The access on/off I-75 is something I value.

I will stay here again next year.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank mwilaby
Reviewed March 30, 2011

when i checked in all was ok however i found out that the indoor hot tub was not hot and the jets in tub did not work. i had to go to another hotel to use their hot tub. the parking lot was too small, there were no fresh cookies or fruit in the lobby as advertised, and what made me the maddest was when the cleaning staff throu out my lunch in my room in the in room refridge. i did not check out yet, and they throu out my entire lunch, when i came back to room to eat it, it was gone, i even had the "do not disturb" sign on the door, i then complained to the front desk about it, and they said sorry we thought you were checked out. not good !!!! i then handed them the keys and said now im checking out. and you now owe me money for my good food you throu out. bad experiance do not stay here the holliday inn was alot nicer. and too much traffic noise in room, did not sleep too well.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed October 22, 2010

We have stayed at many Country Inn & Suites over the years and were quite pleased with this hotel. We had a King Suite. Very neat and clean, friendly staff, excellent breakfast buffet and indoor pool. The location is ideal for travelers being close to Hwy 75. Ear plugs at night to block out the traffic sounds might be a good idea. But over all a great Country Inn & Suites.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank Retired-fun-travelin
Reviewed June 19, 2010

Easy access off I-75, and good breakfast, with friendly front desk staff = good value and worth stopping at. Cookies all the time, and good air conditioning in all public areas and room.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple