“Good place to stay on a budget in Ocala”
Review of Red Roof Inn Ocala

Red Roof Inn Ocala
Ranked #7 of 34 Hotels in Ocala
Reviewed September 25, 2013

I've had to travel to Ocala on personal business quite a few times this year. As budget is always an issue, I look for the best place I can get for the money I am spending. So far, Red Roof Inn wins that prize. I will definitely stay there again. The price was only a few dollars more than some of the noisy "motels" in the area, but the accommodations are so much better. The lobby is clean and nice, the desk people were super helpful and the room was clean and comfortable.

If I absolutely had to come up with something bad to say about his place, it would be the breakfast - like so many other budget places - all carbs, no protein. However, for the low price of the rooms, the lack of protein was not surprising. I recommend this place!

Room Tip: We were on the 3rd floor in a corner room and it was pretty quiet.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Red Roof Inn Ocala

Reviewed September 16, 2013

The front desk help were neither cheerful or personable. When we got out of the elevator on the floor that our room was on, you would have thought that we were at a Smokers convention. Thankfully, the room was not near as bad. I have never been to a hotel like that. Ever!

Room Tip: Pick another hotel nearby.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank DanPGainesville
Reviewed September 13, 2013

Beware of this location & of it's Dangers & in particular, the rude & neglectful so-called manager, Rita Patel. She'll look you in the face and lie to you straight-up.
Approx 4:30am on September 3rd, 2013, there was a power loss & guess what, they have no back-up generator. We needed to check out to proceed on our trip & we had no way to see how to shower, get dressed & pack. Next, the majority of the EXIT LIGHTS & Other Lights were out which should have battery back-up power. We had to go down 3 floors of stairways in 100% total darkness and I fell. There was no way to see at all. Went to the hospital emergency room and then I find out I now have a slipped disc. Spent 5 of our 10 vacation days in the ER and in bed. This Rude Manager Rita Patel refused to even give a discount for the guest for it, the hotel, being out of power half of the night and all morning. I've turned my Injury, due to her neglect, over to a Attorney. I also had someone get in touch with the Ocala County Fire Inspector and they confirmed the neglect of the lack of, the non-working lights in this Hotel From Hell when they went to inspect.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Charles W
Reviewed September 11, 2013

After using other hotels similarly priced for business, Red Roof is my exclusive choice. The staff is knowledgeable of area dining and entertainment and is very accommodating. I go for a run after a long day and then a dip in the pool to cool off. For the price point, you can't beat it....CHRIS - St. Petersburg, FL

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed September 6, 2013

We were visiting friends in Ocala and this hotel put us pretty much in the middle of all of them. Its proximity to I-75 meant we were minutes away from them and many eateries. Our room was spacious and well appointed, clean and everything worked. The included breakfast was good featuring waffles, cereals, fruit, toast, muffins, juice and very decent coffee. The staff were helpful and polite. Pets are permitted although, coming from Australia, we did not bring ours.

Room Tip: Ask for a ground floor room near one of the side doors for easy access close to parking.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 10, 2013

Very convenient location off interstate 75. The rooms were very clean and tastefully decorated, with many improvements being made to the property. Pool area was very well maintained. Cheryl at the front desk was very kind, helpful and professional.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 3, 2013

Good price for a clean room with 2 queens. The one desk clerk was friendly, while the morning clerk was more matter-of-fact, but not rude. Included breakfast is skimpy, but you shouldn't leave hungry. The pool is tiny, so don't expect your kids to live there. The surroundings have seen better days, with several closed hotels waiting for remodels or demolition, so I suspect this hotel may be the start of better things to come. The hotel is only a few blocks from good dining options, and only one exit away from a "newer" part of Ocala. I would recommend this hotel and stay again.

Room Tip: Seemed quiet throughout so nothing special needed.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family