“Good Stay on the Way to Walt Disney World”
Review of Red Roof Inn Ocala

Red Roof Inn Ocala
Ranked #12 of 34 Hotels in Ocala
Plano, Texas
“Good Stay on the Way to Walt Disney World”
Reviewed June 12, 2013

This was a good overnight stop just off of I-75 on the way to Disney World. This hotel looked like it had been part of another hotel chain but, the conversion was well done and left a very nice Red Roof Inn with interior corridors. The check-in staff was courteous and efficient for a late arrival. The Breakfast was an average, basic breakfast with 6-9:30 AM hours during the week which was easy for the family to get to on time. This overnight stay, just off the highway, was a good value.

Room Tip: Ask for the Deluxe Room. Call ahead to confirm late arrival before 6:00 PM whether on a credit card...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Milton, Florida
Reviewed June 8, 2013

Familiar with the area I was aware there are many other places to stay. You can spend a lot or a little in this area with varying degrees in quality. The Red Roof Inn was a GREAT balance of both. We were greeted by a very friendly front desk staff as we arrived around 1030p. She offered to tell us about the property and area along with any assistance we might need. The room was basic (its a room) not a resort type room. The beds were comfortable and the amenities in the bathroom provided will work for 2 people. If you are traveling with more you will have to ask. In the breakfast area there is a 24hr supply of cappuccino, coffee and hot chocolate available which is a great feature. Breakfast in the morning was nothing spectacular but it provided a good jump start for the next days travels. We would definitely stay again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
namibdon
Reviewed May 19, 2013

My 15 year old son and I were in Ocala for a swim meet. The price of the Red Roof as not the cheapest but neither was it the most expensive. I would have expected a couple of things for the price: a coffee maker maybe!

The room was clean; the TV acceptable though not the clearest reception. The beds were, again, not the best but still acceptable.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed April 14, 2013

I booked this hotel as we were driving toward Ocala, and I booked it based on high Trip Advisor ratings. It was a big disappointment. My first clue should have been when I called to make the reservation. Once I gave my credit card number, the gentleman taking the reservation said that if I was giving him an incorrect credit card number, my reservation would be cancelled (why would I do that?) and if it was in fact correct, I would be charged if we didn’t show up.
So when we did show up 20 minutes later, I also was a bit put off by the barefoot guests standing in the lobby. Unless you are at a beach resort, it is not a good sign to see people going barefoot.
I proceeded to check in, and I was informed that our 3rd floor room was non-smoking (great for us—we don’t smoke & hate the smell). I was told I had to sign a place on our check-in form saying I understood the no smoking policy and that we wouldn’t smoke. Imagine our surprise when we got off of the elevator onto the 3rd floor and were almost knocked over by wafting cigarette smoke. There are ‘No Smoking’ symbols everywhere, but obviously a lot of smoking was going on. Our room also smelled smoky.
Our room was a “Deluxe” which is what I was told was available. Not sure what this was supposed to mean, but it was nothing special. Breakfast is included. It is mostly a small selection of cold stuff, but there is a self-serve waffle maker. We did not use it as some kids were playing with it the whole time we were at breakfast.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank francie123
Reviewed April 8, 2013

This place is just awesome.
I have a baby and they provide us a great corral for him and he just sleep as he was in his own. My 5 year old was so happy about the room style and cleaness of the room. My husband and I was so happy as feel safety about germ because this place look germes free....I really recomend this place....you no need to look or found betters deal this is the one....
I am a international event planner and trust me this hotel is just perfect for a family....and I almost forget the breskfast was the best like home, they have a cappuccino machine all the time, so you are welcome to have coffe all the time, plus the breakfast was just great, the people always said this hotel is 1 start but this a lie, this hotel deserves more than that....have fun and enjoy your stay.....o just marry people this place with jJacuzzi room will be you best choice...
The customer service in this place make you feel so welcome...
Mayme was a awesome host, she was by her self serving breakfast and front desk plus helping in the back room ( I guess laundry) but she always was smiling and open to help)

• Stayed April 2013
Georgia
Reviewed April 7, 2013

We had to stop over in Ocala due to an emergency and looked online at hotels, this was the least expensive online for spring break week. Cheryl at the desk was super helpful. I haven't stayed at a red roof since I was young and was a little leery but it was a clean comfortable place to spend the night. It is right by I-75 so convenient too.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Sweden
Reviewed March 22, 2013

I have experienced both good and bad Red Roof Inns across the US, so not all of us was happy with the decision to stay one night at this Red roof in Ocala....But this was a pleasant surprise!

Very friendly and kind staff (all 3 of them), nice clean rooms and ok breakfast - what more do you need?

We stayed two more nights and our rating cannot be anything else than "excellent".
We normally don't stay this north of Florida, but if we do again - Red Roof Inn will definately be our choice!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends